• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC 2023 - All Blacks pool matches

How far will AB progress?

• A. Won't make it out of the Pool

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • B. Beaten in QF

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • C. Beaten in SF

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • D. Beaten in Final

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • E. ALL THE WAY, BABY!

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dru

Tim Horan (67)

I had to stifle a little guffaw each time. Well, not stifle. And not really just a guffaw, to be honest. :cool:

AND then there was the 9 trying to dodge inconveniently located slow runners, only to have the ref in the road. And players tackled without the ball getting to the ruck. Those dastardly Frogs.

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
Seems the ABs have lost all they gained during the rugby champs which there forwards were dominating and the backs had clean ball
Missing frizell and early grunt from retalick hurt however they are no worse off as they will need to face either boks or Ireland anyway
It just seemed to be aimless kicking and lack of composure with the ball to keep phase going

seemed nz lost it more then France won it
Perfect for ABs with the pressure off then now with many writing them off

will be interesting to see this RWC with the penalty counts for southern hemisphere teams, 1 game down and ABs on a 14 to 4 count which will hurt anyone

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I've never seen an ABs side so clueless in attack. There doesn't look to be any defined structure, unless that structure is hair-brained kicks or shoveling it on to the bloke outside of you, who will hopefully do something.

Also, Codie Taylor is massive liability. He really does some bone-headed shit out there. Start Taukei'aho, I rate him much more than I do Taylor.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I was getting a bit frustrated by how the French players would fall on the wrong side of the tackle and get in the way of ABs trying to clean out.

dbrq09-d9eb444c-19f7-4491-89ce-68e311888719.gif

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Did I read that France could "ave a deal" and send out their C team vs Italy, lose, and the 2 teams bonus points would still be enough to dump NZ out on the pool stages?

Now that would be the LollerCoaster to end all LOLLs

FFS.

The perfect denouement to Fozzie's 20-year "50% is fine" Clayton's coaching year.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Ironically it seems someone else’s injuries are about to enhance his progress
Not sure enhance. I suspect he'd be there already if he hadn't had those set backs. He has really great graft as a player. I'd love to have him in the Wallabies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Did I read that France could "ave a deal" and send out their C team vs Italy, lose, and the 2 teams bonus points would still be enough to dump NZ out on the pool stages?

Now that would be the LollerCoaster to end all LOLLs

FFS.

The perfect denouement to Fozzie's 20-year "50% is fine" Clayton's coaching year.
geez i love a good conspiracy, that would engender more angst and last longer than the “ petite affaire” of sinking a boat in Auckland harbour

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
It's frustrating, partly because when we deal with the problem as it should be, we get a player carded and ending up at the judiciary. Cos this is what happened with Scott Barrett. A clean-out that was a penalty, at worst, left us with a man down for the rest of the game against South Africa.

I'm not too worried about this game. We will be in big trouble though if Cane and Frizzell aren't good soon. Jordie Barrett too.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Watching other teams game plans at the World Cup just reinforces how flawed the ABs are.

The ABs don't have one strong kicker in their backline and the best kicker in the squad Roigard doesn't even make the bench!

ABs spent the whole second half stuck in their own half due to dumb selections and dumb tactics.

This world cup is clear - you need to play the game in the other team's half. ABs don't have either the players or tactics to do this.

Fuck I can't wait till this fucking fraud coach is done.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's frustrating, partly because when we deal with the problem as it should be, we get a player carded and ending up at the judiciary. Cos this is what happened with Scott Barrett. A clean-out that was a penalty, at worst, left us with a man down for the rest of the game against South Africa.

I'm not too worried about this game. We will be in big trouble though if Cane and Frizzell aren't good soon. Jordie Barrett too.

Nah, it was even confirmed to be a yellow card offence by the judiciary.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
Poor All Blacks, always hard done by because of the mean referee

Unless they win the penalty count, then it's all above board

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Law 9.20(a).

Edit: For a bit more context, for the first yellow, he broke Law 9.8. He broke Law 9.20(a) for the second. Decision here
I'm not worried about the first yellow - they were on a warning. All good.

The second happens all the time - if Barrett isn't bound to Marx, then half of the rucks don't have players binding.
Poor All Blacks, always hard done by because of the mean referee

Unless they win the penalty count, then it's all above board
Complete opposite of what I've said.
I thought the ABs looked fine for the first 40 and pretty terrible in the second. The French were too good.
We were terrible in the second half and the French were too good.

Just because folks here think the Wallabies only lose due to poor officiating, doesn't mean the rest of us can't question certain referee decisions or calls without blaming the ref for the result.