• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: AUS v ENG (Twickenham): POOL A; 6am (AEDT) Sunday 4 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Damn, still 12 hours to kickoff. Just hurry and get here 5am!!! Can't settle in to the cans because then I'll pass out and sleep through it, don't want to sit on the couch watching shit on TV. Maybe I'll just go to bed now and set the alarm but I won't sleep cause I'm too wired.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Damn, still 12 hours to kickoff. Just hurry and get here 5am!!! Can't settle in to the cans because then I'll pass out and sleep through it, don't want to sit on the couch watching shit on TV. Maybe I'll just go to bed now and set the alarm but I won't sleep cause I'm to wired.
I'm thinking that an early night and catching the SAF v SCO game before ours isn't the silliest idea..especially on a long weekend..

Edit: just saw the other game is 4 hours before ours.. So bring plan B in to action

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
My concern is that that 'World Rugby' has too many dollars (pounds) to lose to let Australia win this match, therefore, if it's a tight match, every 50/50 decision will go against us!

Reactions: gel

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
My concern is that that 'World Rugby' has too many dollars (pounds) to lose to let Australia win this match, therefore, if it's a tight match, every 50/50 decision will go against us!
I hear you, but don't underestimate the pressure that puts the English players under.

Reactions: gel

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
My fear also. I have been reluctant to present it.,

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
This day is gonna drag...

Anyway lets hope the best team (and we now know that no Ozzies wold make the England team thanks to Cips ;) ) wins.

CQYCHcZWcAAc4qa.jpg:large

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Probably with good reason. Leave the tin-foil hat stuff to us Qlders.

My fear also. I have been reluctant to present it.,

Probably with good reason. Leave the tin-foil hat stuff to us Qlders.
Don't know why you would be worried at all - from the looks of the crowds in recent games at Cardiff, the the Welsh will watch any team even if their National team lose! :p

notapatrioticboneinme

Sydney Middleton (9)
Biggest match so far in their careers for the coaches. If Fardy can do his best '6'; and if Simmons is psyched; and if Genia can skip the skip and if Kuridrani finally finds his change of pace, then surely Aust must have a good chance. I predict Horne to score about the 60 minute mark then subbed (i had a dream....)......................and Cashead still doesn't like Cooper ..............

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'm thinking that an early night and catching the SAF v SCO game before ours isn't the silliest idea..especially on a long weekend..

Edit: just saw the other game is 4 hours before ours.. So bring plan B in to action

Those of us with faded curtains - remember to put the clocks forward before you go to bed or you'll miss the first hour.;)

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
I'm at ground zero. 10 hours till kick off. 1 hour till pre-pre game drinks and activities. Wallaby jersey, scarf and beanie on. You can feel the excitement and anticipation in the air over here. No one knows how the game will go. Poms are scared shitless of our back row.... every paper has had pictures of the Pooper on the back page during the week. I haven't been this excited about a game since the Super Rugby GF in 2011. Absolutely pumped. Hoping the Wallabies can finally make up for the trauma suffered in my youth of watching that Wilkinson bloke kick a drop goal about 80m away from me to win the Cup. Knocking the Poms out of their own RWC in the pool stages would do the trick. I could sell my ticket for 15,000 pounds but that's what the Poms would want. Fuck 'em!

C'arn the Wallabies!!!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'm at ground zero. 10 hours till kick off. 1 hour till pre-pre game drinks and activities. Wallaby jersey, scarf and beanie on. You can feel the excitement and anticipation in the air over here. No one knows how the game will go. Poms are scared shitless of our back row.. every paper has had pictures of the Pooper on the back page during the week. I haven't been this excited about a game since the Super Rugby GF in 2011. Absolutely pumped. Hoping the Wallabies can finally make up for the trauma suffered in my youth of watching that Wilkinson bloke kick a drop goal about 80m away from me to win the Cup. Knocking the Poms out of their own RWC in the pool stages would do the trick. I could sell my ticket for 15,000 pounds but that's what the Poms would want. Fuck 'em!

C'arn the Wallabies!!!

Enjoy:)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bloody hell people. Stuff the nervousness. Man up (and woman up [@Merrow et al]) and get behind the Men in Gold.

This is only a pool match and we will win it.
The Soap Dodgers will exit they tournament after pool play, with the rest of the minnows just like the Cricket World Cup. Cheats won't prosper.

All pressure is on the Soap Dodgers and they will fold like a sheet of origami paper.

The delusion of their scrum powerbase based on Pythagorus Marler and The Hinge Vunipola has been exposed as the fraud that it is.

Boring stodgy footy is so 2003.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)

A lot of pressure on Poite. If he gets any calls wrong against England and they lose, he'll never hear the end of it. the 50/50 calls will definitely go against us, so we have to be good enough to take him out of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.