• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Final - New Zealand v South Africa 29/10/23, 0800 NZDT

Who wins & after how long?

• New Zealand

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • South Africa

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • 80 minutes

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Extra Time (2 x 10 minutes)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Sudden Death Extra Time (max. 10 minutes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Penalty Kick Shootout (max. five kickers per team)

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
The theory that he said "wit kant" - Afrikaans for "white side" - to alert his team that the ball had been turned over in the ruck is actually more than plausible to be completely fair.

After speaking with a couple of mates from SA, apparently c-bombs aren't even that commonly dropped.

Not defending him, just outlining that it is genuinely plausible that it's been lost in translation.
Maybe. Plausible sure.

I'm also searching for more of a reason to not like them.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
@kiap posted this on another thread:

Zi3YWQAP_o.png

I really thought the odds would be closer to the default $1.87 each way.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
So five shooters - likely to be on the field at the end of extra time:

Boks:
- Pollard
- Faf
- Le Roux
- Kolbe
- ???

Blecks:
- Mounga
- S Barrett
- B Barrett?? (D McKenzie)
- Jordan
- ???
Do Roigard or Christie kick sticks at all? Could be a pretty good argument for one over the other (even though Roigard should be well ahead of Christie currently).

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The theory that he said "wit kant" - Afrikaans for "white side" - to alert his team that the ball had been turned over in the ruck is actually more than plausible to be completely fair.

After speaking with a couple of mates from SA, apparently c-bombs aren't even that commonly dropped.

Not defending him, just outlining that it is genuinely plausible that it's been lost in translation.
That's mighty convenient.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Really hits home how disappointing it is not having the Irish in the mix, because I'm really struggling to find a reason to support either team.

It's all pretty obnoxious, with the main difference being the sheer number of Kiwis in our orbit in Australia. Le sigh.
I think every Irish is supporting the Kiwi this time round, normally would have been Boks but they have been so full of sh#t the last year that everyone is turned off them. Even after Ireland won they went straight to we will beat them in the Final, meaning they were so arrogant that that France wasn't a good team in there eyes. Majority of Irish fans still knew they had to respect Scotland, and the All Blacks was never going to be easy.

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
I think every Irish is supporting the Kiwi this time round, normally would have been Boks but they have been so full of sh#t the last year that everyone is turned off them. Even after Ireland won they went straight to we will beat them in the Final, meaning they were so arrogant that that France wasn't a good team in there eyes. Majority of Irish fans still knew they had to respect Scotland, and the All Blacks was never going to be easy.
To be fair, they were right, they are in the final

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Well you can hardly insult a bloke in a language he doesnt speak.
Oh yeah?

তোমাৰ মা হামষ্টাৰ আছিল, আৰু তোমাৰ দেউতাই এলডাৰবেৰীৰ গোন্ধ পাইছিল।

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
well, if you want the bloke to feel shit you probably should speak the same language, or else he could assume you're recommending a nice bakery down the hill from the stadium