• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Final - New Zealand v South Africa 29/10/23, 0800 NZDT

Who wins & after how long?

• New Zealand

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • South Africa

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • 80 minutes

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Extra Time (2 x 10 minutes)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Sudden Death Extra Time (max. 10 minutes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Penalty Kick Shootout (max. five kickers per team)

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
I'm not sure what he was expected to think if he doesn't speak Afrikaans. It seems like it's all a bit of a misunderstanding and that's fine, but you can't blame Curry in this case.
To me it's pretty clearly a different language, as are pretty much all of South Africa's calls. Just a bizarre conclusion for Curry to come to based on the context

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
I can't here him say anything in it. Is that definitely the incident Curry is referring too?
Headphones and cranked volume you can make it out.

The "8s onwards" is misleading - I hear it at ~11 sec just before they switch to the blindside, which is what I believe Bongi is trying to alert his team to

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Headphones and cranked volume you can make it out.

The "8s onwards" is misleading - I hear it at ~11 sec just before they switch to the blindside, which is what I believe Bongi is trying to alert his team to
You can here something being said at exactly 12-13 seconds. Is that the incident?

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Nope, why would it be?
Look, whoever says it black/white whatever with the opposite colour it's wrong and inappropriate. I'll retract my "it's bait" comment - that was probably uncalled for.

But I think it's probably not the wisest question - of course it's possible for a black person to be racist to a white person. Racism isn't a one-way thing.

The second part of the question, I'm not sure.

I'm happy to apologise for my off the cuff take and move on.

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Look, whoever says it black/white whatever with the opposite colour it's wrong and inappropriate. I'll retract my "it's bait" comment - that was probably uncalled for.

But I think it's probably not the wisest question - of course it's possible for a black person to be racist to a white person. Racism isn't a one-way thing.

The second part of the question, I'm not sure.

I'm happy to apologise for my off the cuff take and move on.
Thx, but no need to apologise lol.

* Downthumb changed

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I reckon the ABs have timed their run just right. They've built intensity as the tournament has progressed and look like they might be peaking at the right time. On the other hand, it feels like South Africa has scraped into the final on guts alone.

Watch South Africa win this now and make me eat my words. This game is bloody hard to predict.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I reckon the ABs have timed their run just right. They've built intensity as the tournament has progressed and look like they might be peaking at the right time. On the other hand, it feels like South Africa has scraped into the final on guts alone.

Watch South Africa win this now and make me eat my words. This game is bloody hard to predict.
On this website you must eat your hat.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)

Back at the start of the comp, I was predicting a SA v Ireland final - so I'm definitely eating my hat/words. Just shows, never write off the AB's!

But yeah, they've built steadily over the RWC, while SA look like they've actually plateaued! It's anyone's game this week.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
It's Ben O'Keefe who comes out of this worst.

Player - "Ref what do I do if I am racially vilified"

Ref - "nothing"

Terrible message
What? Should the ref say belt him in the mouth?
Player-"what do I do if I racially villified?"

Ref- "Smack him in the mouth"
Or Ref- "Nothing. I will keep an eye out for it"or similar:D