• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Final - New Zealand v South Africa 29/10/23, 0800 NZDT

Who wins & after how long?

• New Zealand

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • South Africa

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • 80 minutes

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Extra Time (2 x 10 minutes)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Sudden Death Extra Time (max. 10 minutes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Penalty Kick Shootout (max. five kickers per team)

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
I hope its a draw after extratime and they miss all their spot kicks and just kind of go home.
1698144478364.png

scrumhead99

Ward Prentice (10)
I really feel this can go one way, I think New Zealand will win, I have seen no flaws and only think they are getting better. Credit to South Africa for what they have done too. Will be a great watch come this weekend.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I fully expected a QF exit (shoulda listened to old mate @Bullrush) so AB have already exceeded my expectations & a win would be a bonus. That said, should they lose I'll be gutted. But I'll get over it pretty quickly, I think, unlike '95 when I was pretty much unapproachable for two or three days.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I fully expected a QF exit (shoulda listened to old mate @Bullrush) so AB have already exceeded my expectations & a win would be a bonus. That said, should they lose I'll be gutted. But I'll get over it pretty quickly, I think, unlike '95 when I was pretty much unapproachable for two or three days.
I think a lot of us AB fans have learnt from the heartache of past RWC losses LOL

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Could be worse. My Zoomer Cantab cousins entire experience of rugby "failure" was McCaw deciding he cbf winning another Super Rugby title so quit in the semifinals.

This is also why the Blues rugby fan is the most well-rounded and intellectual of all NZ fans; the excellence of the All Blacks is counterbalanced by the Benny Hill Blues.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I'll be generous and interpret the "nothing" response as "don't go whack him in retaliation"
Well anyone but an imbecile would interpret it that way I think, they would actually read his whole response.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I think a lot of us AB fans have learnt from the heartache of past RWC losses LOL
I think it more like we just got older/more mature. The morning after the 95 WC final, I got up, the sun came up, I saw all the joy in SA who had been through some bad years , and I just thought really what's to worry about. My life is not ever going to change (or be judges) because of how a team of players perform on the field, regardless of how much I support them. I will be disappointed if they lose for about 10-30 minutes and then I will carry on regardless.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ref: Barnes
AR: Dickson & Carley
TMO: Foley

SA team due out tonight NZ time, AB around 5am tomorrow.

The Chairman

Syd Malcolm (24)
SA Starting Lineup:

1. Kitshoff
2. Mbonambi
3. Malherbe
4. Etzebeth
5. Mostert
6. Kolisi (c)
7. Steph du-Toit
8. Vermuelen
9. De Klerk
10. Pollard
11. Kolbe
12. De Allende
13. Kriel
14. Arendse
15. Willemse

Bench:

16. Fourie
17. Nche
18. Nyakane
19. Kleyn
20. Snyman
21. Smith
22. Wiese
23. Le Roux

noscrumnolife

Jimmy Flynn (14)
7/1 bench. You have to admire the size of their bollocks. Think its the right decision, they have taken an absolute battering in their last two games vs the ABs who you'd assume are much fresher. And looks like it will be raining. Big day for Jason Ryan to earn his keep.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
The risk reward level for a 7-1 split doesn't seem worth it to me. You'd be sweating bullets over your halves surviving. Especially as rain seems far from guaranteed. Though I suppose there wouldn't be much stopping a late 6-2 split if the weather is fine (?)

EDIT: Indeed, it seems the South African consensus if Faf is injured is: Kolbe from 11 to 9, Kriel from 13 to 11, Willemse from 15 to 13, Le Roux on to 15.