• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool C - Australia v Wales - 5AM 25 Sep AEST

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
These stats do not reflect a 40-6 score. A massive issue is the wallabies are a team who don't take advantage of their scoring oppertunites. Wales took every oppertunity bar 1

View attachment 17571
I think it is experience.
We don't have the experienced players to take advantage of good situations. In test rugby, especially world cup rugby that's exactly what you need. Build pressure, make good decisions.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
These stats do not reflect a 40-6 score. A massive issue is the wallabies are a team who don't take advantage of their scoring oppertunites. Wales took every oppertunity bar 1

View attachment 17571
I'm not sure how accurate these are. I'm sure there were at least 2 or 3 scrum penalties conceded by the Wallabies. Also, there were a couple of 'not straight' line-out calls as well as the botched line-out that turned into a 50-22 for Wales.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
As much as the problems are bigger than Eddie Jones - Gatland was able to turn around a Welsh side who were a rabble 12 months ago with players on strike and losing to Georgia. I know it's not a like for like comparison but it's telling I think.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
As much as the problems are bigger than Eddie Jones - Gatland was able to turn around a Welsh side who were a rabble 12 months ago with players on strike and losing to Georgia. I know it's not a like for like comparison but it's telling I think.

the most level headed accurate take i've read on this mornings events

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
the most level headed accurate take i've read on this mornings events
Rugby is the national sport of Wales …

it’s easier to turn around the national sides woes when the grassroots are strong.

Namerican

Bill Watson (15)
Coaching matters and so do the players. Needs some actual brainpower to figure out which of the two is the problem.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Mayyyyyybe the wallabies arent that bad … maybe we just had the best two sides in our pool?

im calling it now Wales vs Fiji final :)
So according you the new World rankings should be:

1 Wales
2 Fiji
3 Portugal
4 Australia
5 Georgia

So if Eddie lose against Portugal is OK. Isn't it? Luckily the Wallabies are gonna share poll with Ireland and South Africa in 2027

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)
So according you the new World rankings should be:

1 Wales
2 Fiji
3 Portugal
4 Australia
5 Georgia

So if Eddie lose against Portugal is OK. Isn't it? Luckily the Wallabies are gonna share poll with Ireland and South Africa in 2027
Exactly mate ;)