• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: Pool C - Wallabies v Georgia, SdF Sunday 10th September 2am

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I have a hunch that Vunivalu might be in the XV.
There's no hunch needed for that. It's quite likely given everything we know/seen.

“We feel that particularly the way the game’s going, having a halfback who can defend like a back-rower at the end of the game is a particular advantage,” Jones said at his World Cup squad unveiling.

Oh wow, yeah this is exactly what Luke Burgess was giving us 2009-2011.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
I know, but you're the only actual Doctor here!

We used to have a barrister frequent the forum but I don't think he was a QC (Quade Cooper) (Quade Cooper).
1693871895134.png

RIP

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I'm disappointed that France contained Bell, Tupou, Skelton and Valetini so easily. But if we roll out that same forward pack, I think Georgia are in for a tough night despite their famed wrestlers. We'll be asking the big boys to go long into the game with Pone and Slips both injured. I would like Koroibete to start on the wing if Kerevi isn't fit in time. Without Kerevi (and Koroibete) our backline lacks a bit of pure muscle, line bending. Though saying that, I think Vunivalu is deceptively strong in the upper body.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'm disappointed that France contained Bell, Tupou, Skelton and Valetini so easily. But if we roll out that same forward pack, I think Georgia are in for a tough night despite their famed wrestlers. We'll be asking the big boys to go long into the game with Pone and Slips both injured. I would like Koroibete to start on the wing if Kerevi isn't fit in time. Without Kerevi (and Koroibete) our backline lacks a bit of pure muscle, line bending. Though saying that, I think Vunivalu is deceptively strong in the upper body.
Did they so easily contain Bell, Tupou, Skelton & Valentini?, Bell & Valentini carried strongly and we did a number on them at scrum time

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Did they so easily contain Bell, Tupou, Skelton & Valentini?, Bell & Valentini carried strongly and we did a number on them at scrum time
Yes I thought the big boys actually did very well ball in hand. It was the ruck and maul inaccuracies and infringements that halted all momentum repeatedly

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
If we are honest France played well within themselves giving nothing away of what their level will be from this weekend on.
Hopefully we did the same -)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
The Wallabies coach has toyed with playing Jordan Petaia at inside centre this year, believing his strength in contact and skill set could be used in a similar way to All Blacks star Jordie Barrett.

It would be a bold play, but it could also potentially allow Andrew Kellaway to shift to outside centre and Max Jorgensen the chance to debut at fullback.

Surely not. Kellaway is just getting into the groove at fullback, same for Petaia. Let them string a few games together please before fucking with the team. Jorgensen at fullback with two players out of position sounds like an absolute chance for a boilover against Georgia.