• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC: Pool C - Wallabies v Georgia, SdF Sunday 10th September 2am

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I'm not sure how leaving behind a fullback and backrower helps carry an injured centre...
You mean an injured fullback and a utility who's probably not going to play.... and we are talking about one of our best players vs 2 squaddies

But lets move on :)

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Could have left say Jorgenson or Kemaley behind... but ok lets see what happens
To take 5 centres when only one of them offers cover outside of the centre? Seems like you're throwing the balance way out when you can instead just bring Ikitau back in for an injured player once he's fit and ready to play.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You mean an injured fullback and a utility who's probably not going to play.... and we are talking about one of our best players vs 2 squaddies

But lets move on :)

Jorgensen is playing this week apparently...

And we're a bit light on tall backrowers and openside flankers, which would be a hole Kemeny might fill.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Jorgensen is playing this week apparently...

And we're a bit light on tall backrowers and openside flankers, which would be a hole Kemeny might fill.
and Ikitau's back training in contact so probably would have played this weekend too.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
and Ikitau's back training in contact so probably would have played this weekend too.

Probably not if he's only just returned to contact training... as rumoured...

And Jorgensen covers one of those positions the Wallabies are light on, that consists of Kellaway, and our one flyhalf backup.

rugbyAU

Arch Winning (36)
Still baffles me why Eddie's picked Kemeny over Samu, and how he's a utility just because he can cover both flankers?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
To take 5 centres when only one of them offers cover outside of the centre? Seems like you're throwing the balance way out when you can instead just bring Ikitau back in for an injured player once he's fit and ready to play.
Kellaway & Foteki can play, do play 13

But Ikitau I expect will be there by the end.

History suggest half the squad will be injured in the next 3 weeks

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
... and wing.

But then, I've seen Samu spend a lot of time there too.
Samu played IC at Randwick years ago, was good there. But that’s a few standards down from test rugby, a while ago and he’s not there…

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anyone else feeling like Georgia are being hyped up to much (as in they’re a chance of an upset), they may have beaten a very poor Welsh side last year but so did we at the end of a long tour missing 25-30 players, they also got thrashed by Scotland and we beat them by 20 at the last WC despite playing very poorly. Reality is with a near full strength team we should be able to beat them by 20+
The team that lost to Scotland 33-6 and beat one of the worst USA side's ever (Portugal put 50 on them) 22-7 is being hyped up you say?

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
I'm not sure how leaving behind a fullback and backrower helps carry an injured centre...
Neither of them should have been picked to start with.

Hopefully this comment comes back to bite me but Jorgensen's time should have come next year. Picking an injured untried fullback for a world cup campaign over other experienced options (Ikitau/Wright/Hodge/O'Connor) just doesn't make sense to me.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Injured and untried doesn’t seem fair, if he plays he’s not injured and he’s the same as Petaia’s selection last rwc. I think there’s far worse selections and nonsensical ones than Jorgensen. This kid is going to be a superstar.

Last edited:

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)

Hopefully this comment comes back to bite me but Jorgensen's time should have come next year. Picking an injured untried fullback for a world cup campaign over other experienced options (Ikitau/Wright/Hodge/O'Connor) just doesn't make sense to me.
Yes, we get it, it doesn't make sense. Move along.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

I'd love for Ikitau to be there, but clearly...

1. He doesn't play fullback, so largely irrelevant
2. Jorgensen's injury was obviously less severe, hence why he's playing this week and someone like Ikitau might still be a week or two away at best
2. Wright, Hodge and JOC (James O'Connor) may have more experience, but all of them one way or another didn't exactly prove themselves worthy of making the squad

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
It probably should have been Hodge. He plays 10,12 and 15 and can kick goals. Jorgensen is the future and has outstanding potential. Hope he gets a run.
Hodge would be particularly useful on a 6-2 bench.

rugbyAU

Arch Winning (36)
The team that lost to Scotland 33-6 and beat one of the worst USA side's ever (Portugal put 50 on them) 22-7 is being hyped up you say?

Shit like this annoys me, hyping themselves up and thinking they have the perfect opportunity to beat us, Georgia are absolutely NO chance of beating us, They think we're not at our best because we don't have Michael Hooper which is ridiculous, do they realise the game's moved away from small 7's, he's been in poor form and we have better options at 7 now, enjoy losing by 30 on Saturday and coming second last in the pool.

RedPolarBear

Frank Row (1)
We should ease over Georgia - though a wet track might spice things up. Agree on putting forward our best team, but no need to push injuries for this game.
On the weather forecast....
Screenshot 2023-09-06 at 11.45.28 pm.png

gee that's some hot conditions for a parisian autumn....