• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC Pool D - Wallabies vs Uruguay -Saturday October 5 2019 @ 2:15pm

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Would be good to see AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) get to 15 RWC tries though, however unlikely.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
EF2DZJBXUAEHg5X.jpg:large

Kurtley looks thrilled to be there. Nice threads though.

B

Bobby Sands

While I think Pocock has strong contributions around the ground besides pilfering, id much rather see Dempsey at 6 and Poey on the bench.

Po is on the bench?

Dempsey is back up 8, as Lukhan can’t do it and Po is better on the side.

I imagine TT is on the bench, as that is the role he will play in coming weeks. Not sure why AAA needs more game time.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Interesting team

Positives - Dempsey @ 8, Petaia debut, Kuridrani and Thor getting a run, no Foley

Negatives - AAA no rest, Beale @ 15

I am guessing AAA and Hooper might miss the next game or maybe Hooper will just play every game

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Surely Hooper is one of the most played players for Aus. I don't recall when was last rested?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
How good is RWC?! Just a constant stream of pre test stoke.

For the sake of my fantasy team I hope Jordy scores at will and beats tackles left right centre.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Po is on the bench?

Dempsey is back up 8, as Lukhan can’t do it and Po is better on the side.

I imagine TT is on the bench, as that is the role he will play in coming weeks. Not sure why AAA needs more game time.
Sorry, I had our full strength side in mind when I made that comment.

Spruce Moose

Fred Wood (13)
FF (Folau Fainga'a) could be in for a few pies if we play tight and get them in the maul

Its a team set up to me where we should be looking to dominate the set piece and also our back line is fairly potent as well. Need to learn from Fiji's mistakes in trying to force a try every play and just play our own game then tries will come.

Expecting FF (Folau Fainga'a) hattrick and Wallabies by 50+.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Actually quite like that side, especially the backs.

I also like the overall look of the team. I'm interested to see how some of the combinations go and obviously how Petaia performs. I wonder how long they will leave Hooper out there before they bring on Pocock. I guess it gives them a chance to see the two go in a different setup.