• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC QF 1 WAL v RSA (Twickenham) 18th Oct 0200 AEDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
And to add to the above..hypothetically speaking (certainly not saying I expect it to happen, or even think it is likely to happen), I would be happy for my team to win the WC without scoring another try in the tournament. And I can assure you I would be celebrating then without any concern for there being a 'lack of rugby played'.
And I would agree with your opinion were it Ireland. I am not having anything like the pop at SA that you think I am.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Wales would've missed Jonathon Davies probably (I've only seen him play a test against us once so I can't really rate him), but I don't think they would've missed Halfpenny given how Biggar was kicking. I guess if injuries were what was keeping Cuthbert in the side then they were pretty influential.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
He reverted to allowing people to lie all over the breakdown which suits Wales well but also suits SA.
The frustration in this game was the Welsh tackler on the SA side of the ruck constantly. It has two affects. Fourie is our key man. Disrupt his quick service and you've won a battle. Secondly it allowed Welsh to have a go at our attacking ball while our ruck cleaners were very slightly disrupted.

So I guess you guys saw something different which shows how much our viewing is influenced by our bias toward our own side.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Wales would've missed Jonathon Davies probably (I've only seen him play a test against us once so I can't really rate him), but I don't think they would've missed Halfpenny given how Biggar was kicking. I guess if injuries were what was keeping Cuthbert in the side then they were pretty influential.

Massively, he is the only one who really brings any guile to their attack these days in my eyes. Which is a shame as North seems to be missing those magical moments he had a few years ago, such as his first try vs Aus for the Lions.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
And to add to the above..hypothetically speaking (certainly not saying I expect it to happen, or even think it is likely to happen), I would be happy for my team to win the WC without scoring another try in the tournament. And I can assure you I would be celebrating then without any concern for there being a 'lack of rugby played'.

Brisbok, you are almost apologetic here.
May I remind you that "a win is a win, is a win"!! Us Aussies are forever being reminded of Scotland's win against the Wallabies in Newcastle in 2012 by 9 to 6! I'll take an advantage on the scoreboard at 'full time', no matter how it is achieved, penalty goals, drop goals, whatever!!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Not possible anymore, best you could hope for is 1/2.

Although closer to the match, I did revise my views somewhat.;)

Barring a famous victory in Cardiff by les bleus, this should be the best of the quarters. There's reasons why both teams could/should win, but I suspect that the end result will come down to a bit of luck either way.

Heart says Wales, head says Boks.
Post #173 on this thread.

Brisbok

Cyril Towers (30)
Although closer to the match, I did revise my views somewhat.;)

Barring a famous victory in Cardiff by les bleus, this should be the best of the quarters. There's reasons why both teams could/should win, but I suspect that the end result will come down to a bit of luck either way.

Heart says Wales, head says Boks.
Post #173 on this thread.

Selective reading on my part!! ;) As soon as I read that initial post, I thought that it was a pretty bold statement to be making at that point and bookmarked it hoping I would be able to remind you of that comment a some point!

Fair play on your revised prediction!

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
The frustration in this game was the Welsh tackler on the SA side of the ruck constantly. It has two affects. Fourie is our key man. Disrupt his quick service and you've won a battle. Secondly it allowed Welsh to have a go at our attacking ball while our ruck cleaners were very slightly disrupted.

So I guess you guys saw something different which shows how much our viewing is influenced by our bias toward our own side.

I thought he let both sides get away with it. He is a crap ref.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Bokke fighting spirit surprise. They kept on grinding phase after phase till it broke. Wales gave their best. Their supporters should feel pride with their performance

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Fortunate - nothing more - I would not be crowing too loudly over that Bok performance... It is a miserable style of Rugby - and one that will be dispatched next week - as it should have been last night... Japan was a pretty fair assessment of it.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Fortunate - nothing more - I would not be crowing too loudly over that Bok performance. It is a miserable style of Rugby - and one that will be dispatched next week - as it should have been last night. Japan was a pretty fair assessment of it.

I'd rather say nothing about fortunate if I were you. You just scraped a match that was no contest for us a few weeks ago. In other words, go troll somewhere else.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
What is the connection? - are you suggesting that the quality of Springbok Rugby is somehow connected to the result in the Wallabies - Scotland Game?... Are you suggesting that an opinion of Springbok Rugby that does not sit well with your fantasies, is trolling? That's a strange little world, one that does not stand up to much scrutiny.

I think I will just stand by my comments, and leave it at that.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
What is the connection? - are you suggesting that the quality of Springbok Rugby is somehow connected to the result in the Wallabies - Scotland Game?. Are you suggesting that an opinion of Springbok Rugby that does not sit well with your fantasies, is trolling? That's a strange little world, one that does not stand up to much scrutiny.

I think I will just stand by my comments, and leave it at that.

Denial.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Fortunate - nothing more - I would not be crowing too loudly over that Bok performance. It is a miserable style of Rugby - and one that will be dispatched next week - as it should have been last night. Japan was a pretty fair assessment of it.
Well your Tahs has been played the same pattern for years. Do that make them miserable bastards?

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
If that is the style of rugby that works for a team then it's not for you to impose your views on what is miserable or not.

Also, no one was crowing. Be a nicer person.

Status
Not open for further replies.