• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC - Wallabies v Ireland - 17th September 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Totally get this, Got like 6 guys who can play in the 2nd row and 1 open side flanker. Robbie Is the wrong type of genius making decisions like this

Thats what got me. Our whole back 5 had the build of second rowers. No Balance what so ever, and no subs when they got tired.

B

BRIX

So this is how people get a reputation for being sore losers.

Christ sake, no need to jump on the Paddy-blog band-wagon mate. A large number of posters have congratulated the Irish on several occasions before handing out a slap in the face to their own team. Some people on here are obviously still very traumatized, fair play though hero.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Christ sake, no need to jump on the Paddy-blog band-wagon mate. A large number of posters have congratulated the Irish on several occasions before handing out a slap in the face to their own team. Some people on here are obviously still very traumatized, fair play though hero.

Yeah, so obviously they weren't the ones I was referring to? I'm glad you think I'm an hero though.

Garryowen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Has anyone mentioned that Ireland weren't playing a fetcher at 7 even?

I thought sleep would calm me down. Wrong! What an inept and spineless performance from our Wannabees.

On a related note, notwithstanding one should show grace in defeat, I can't help but feel angry that, four years on, we're in exactly the same situation as before. That is, teams that spoil, kill ball and kick it away are protected and rewarded by the officials in charge. Irrespective of the result, that was a god-awful game of rugby and terrible advertisement for the sport.

This World Cup has lost much of it's lustre for me.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Too many post-game posts on here to read through thoroughly but I can pick up the gist...like many I'm a little surprised and very disappointed at the result. The thing that annoyed me the most was the lack of respect for ball retention..seriously what is it with the constant kicking away of posession, particularly those dinky chip kicks? Forwards were outmuscled yet again, as against Samoa and All Blacks in first TN game.

Kudo's to Ireland. Did their homework, developed a game plan and then executed it admirably. Forwards were immense, the 7. is phenomenal.

Saw a good perspective from Andrew Slack in the local rag this morning. We will still beat USA and Russia and make the knockouts, and then have to beat three good teams to take the title. Nothing changes really.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)

Thought SOB was awesome though. Goes to show the differences in plan, we need a fetcher/linker. Sanchez and QC (Quade Cooper) struggle without that go forward. Saw it at the reds and wallabies.

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
JOC (James O'Connor) hardly moved off his wing which he usually does, I would look at giving him a run at 12 in the next two games to see how we go. Won't show much since we missed the opportunity to test him out at 12 during the Tri Nations.

I'm hoping the loss of Pocock and Moore were the big reasons we fell to pieces else this WC campaign is down the drain. Really nothing seems to have changed in the past few years, the way to beat us is still the same and we continue to lose to teams we shouldn't.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Bagging your own team is not being a sore loser! Bagging the other team is. Especially when you know we should be playing better than that.

Writing a fake letter to your team while inebriated and callously referring to the opposition as "fucking Ireland" looks like sore losing to me.

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
For me the absence of Ioane highlighted how limited in attack our centres are.

Two straight runners with limited ball skills are easy pickings for a determined defense and the lack of mid field penetration puts too much pressure on Genia, Cooper and JOC (James O'Connor), Beale, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Ioane's and Mitchell's raids off Cooper in the 10/12 channel have glossed over this weakness but last night it stuck out like a dog's proverbials.

Hopefully Deans will put Horne at 13 and leave him there.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Writing a fake letter to your team while inebriated and callously referring to the opposition as "fucking Ireland" looks like sore losing to me.
And that was not what he meant and you know it. Taking 2 words out of an article and twisting it to suit your argument put you both at the same level. he used the expletive to emphasise his point not to denigrate Ireland.

Because they don’t have to put up with piss-weak shit like you served up tonight. I mean seriously, you raised my hopes by winning the Tri-Nations, and then you come out and lose to fucking IRELAND.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member

Haha if you were referring to me why didn't you just say so?

I have honestly reached that point where I just don't care. I don't think I am a sore loser, more the fact that I am just plain sore. I was FAR harder on the Wallabies than I was on the Irish. And at no stage did I say the Irish didn't deserve to win. They totally did, they outplayed us in most facets. But the fact remains we should have beaten them. I don't care how well they played, we should have beaten them. And that was the point I was trying to make in the letter.

W

Worldcupnut

I thought sleep would calm me down. Wrong! What an inept and spineless performance from our Wannabees.

On a related note, notwithstanding one should show grace in defeat, I can't help but feel angry that, four years on, we're in exactly the same situation as before. That is, teams that spoil, kill ball and kick it away are protected and rewarded by the officials in charge. Irrespective of the result, that was a god-awful game of rugby and terrible advertisement for the sport.

This World Cup has lost much of it's lustre for me.

I turned the game off at 9 - 6 as I could see what Lawrence was doing. What ever happened to warning at team about repeated professional fouls? What ever happened to a ref controlling a game with the threat of a yellow card. That game was a complete disgrace to the code. I'm not watching the rest of the cup. Any game that lets an official control the outcome in that shameless sort of way does not deserve any support at all. To all the other teams good luck. The result from here on in will be completely tainted.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Spot on BaaBaa. Well done Ireland (as I have posted more than once) but they did what we all thought they would try to do. Out-muscle up front, kick well, defend, defend, defend. They didn't pull a rabbit out of their arse, to mash a metaphor. And yet it seemed the Wallabies had not countenanced such a tactic. That's why we should have won. We have good enough players, and you would think smart enough players and (?) coaches to counter the Ireland strength and do something better. But they failed to do what was obviously required. Part of that is down to a good opponent. But just as much is down to mind-numbingly stupid and insipid play from the Wallabies. Would Ireland beat the ABs with that game?

B

BRIX

I though it was a good piece of writing personally - a little flaky perhaps, but good. The sort of off the cuff blog entry bloggers blog about and readers in my demographic enjoy reading. I must have drunk to it 7 times last night. Anyways jokes aside, the man meant no malice. Give him more credit than that fellas

Status
Not open for further replies.