• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC - Wallabies v Ireland - 17th September 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Man for man we are just plain better than them. And we should have won. And I don’t care how well they played on the night. We should have played better.

How about this then? I can't believe you wrote this, Barbar. BOD? POC? How much HAD you had to drink?

For the record, there's nothing personal about this, I usually agree with Barbar on basically everything.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I turned the game off at 9 - 6 as I could see what Lawrence was doing. What ever happened to warning at team about repeated professional fouls? What ever happened to a ref controlling a game with the threat of a yellow card. That game was a complete disgrace to the code. I'm not watching the rest of the cup. Any game that lets an official control the outcome in that shameless sort of way does not deserve any support at all. To all the other teams good luck. The result from here on in will be completely tainted.

If you thought Lawrence was bad you should've seen the Wallabies!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So, when will Deans sit down Cooper and say:

"Hey boofhead, stop trying to throw the miracle pass on every play!"

Twice when the Wallabies were on the attack inside their 22m and he threw one which went forward, and one which was intercepted instead of just keeping it into contact and recycling.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
How about this then? I can't believe you wrote this, Barbar. BOD? POC? How much HAD you had to drink?

For the record, there's nothing personal about this, I usually agree with Barbar on basically everything.

The only players who are genuinly better then their opposites was Darcy and BOD, and only SOB because lets face it, McCalman is not a test player. Barb was on the mark, drunk or not, he said what alot of us are thinking.

Fuck im still scathing, holding back on typing up a storm.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member

Well the man for man thing was wrong, but I don't see how you think it is unreasonable that I expect the team ranked 2 to beat the team ranked 8. And I wouldn't have minded so much if Ireland produced an incredible display of rugby, but they didn't. They played well, and we played shithouse.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I reckon people are being harsh with Cooper. One of the miracle balls was a cracker and the right winger was just too slow to react to what was up. (Can't remember who, it was late in the game on the Ireland tryline).

#1?

Larry Dwyer (12)
A sniper on the small grassy knoll - The conspiracy theory

Do the NZer's really have the ability to do this?

Diggers (NZ Born) injured - key playmaker not available for key game
QC (Quade Cooper) (NZ Born) Played like shite
Dingo Deans (NZ thru and thru) - Aust head coach
Nucifora (Aust born) but in NZ for too long coaching the Blues - Did he go across to the dark side while he was over there, Aust High Performance Director coach
P O'Brien (Irish as name but NZ Born) Head of Referees
B Lawrence (NZ referee) Why was he allocated this game?
IRB Committee (allowed NZ to host the tournament)
NZ RWC Committee - Deliberately scheduled this game at Eden Park, to reinforce the Hoodoo.

NZRT - deliberately threw the Tri Nations to lull us into false sense of security, cause no RWC year Tri Nations winner has ever won Bill.

Bottom line - Too many NZers involved in One Team - Wallabies.
The Kiwi sleepers have been activated when we were at our most vulnerable. We should have seen it coming.

Garryowen

Larry Dwyer (12)
I reckon people are being harsh with Cooper. One of the miracle balls was a cracker and the right winger was just too slow to react to what was up (can't remember who).

That pass was forward.

Regardless, Cooper wasn't the worst on field.

Toddy

Chris McKivat (8)
I turned the game off at 9 - 6 as I could see what Lawrence was doing. What ever happened to warning at team about repeated professional fouls? What ever happened to a ref controlling a game with the threat of a yellow card. That game was a complete disgrace to the code. I'm not watching the rest of the cup. Any game that lets an official control the outcome in that shameless sort of way does not deserve any support at all. To all the other teams good luck. The result from here on in will be completely tainted.

No way did the ref have anything to do with OZ losing. Ireland played really well and managed to dominant OZ in the forwards. The Irish backs tackled their hearts out and in this game OZ had no reply. Ireland were the better team on the day and deserved their win. None of this "refs are ruining the world cup" stuff. It's crap.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
It was the forwards fault. Our gameplan is totally based on clean front foot ball.

I'm not disputing the truth of what he said. But I have mates who I think are dickheads and I'd never tell them (at least, not in front of a press conference). It's a team-game, and it's a bad look for one of the real superstars to publicly shirk responsibility, instead of saying: 'it's possible that me kicking every second phase was excessive'.

B

BRIX

Do the NZer's really have the ability to do this?

Diggers (NZ Born) injured - key playmaker not available for key game
QC (Quade Cooper) (NZ Born) Played like shite
Dingo Deans (NZ thru and thru) - Aust head coach
Nucifora (Aust born) but in NZ for too long coaching the Blues - Did he go across to the dark side while he was over there, Aust High Performance Director coach
P O'Brien (Irish as name but NZ Born) Head of Referees
B Lawrence (NZ referee) Why was he allocated this game?
IRB Committee (allowed NZ to host the tournament)
NZ RWC Committee - Deliberately scheduled this game at Eden Park, to reinforce the Hoodoo.

NZRT - deliberately threw the Tri Nations to lull us into false sense of security, cause no RWC year Tri Nations winner has ever won Bill.

Bottom line - Too many NZers involved in One Team - Wallabies.
The Kiwi sleepers have been activated when we were at our most vulnerable. We should have seen it coming.

#1. Finish off the one you're drinking and then get some sleep.

Hahahaha. On ya #1 - I'm just about to pour another myself you madman

M

Muttonbird

This is what shits me about Quade:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/lightbox/spo...This=true&TB_iframe=true&height=560&width=640

"When you don't have any momentum, you can't win"... That's a flyhalf (who had an absolutely shithouse game) saying it was the forwards' fault.

Pull your head in.

He's well documented at blaming his forwards after a loss. Did it in Bledisloe 1 at Eden Park this year. That and the bickering amongst the Wallaby players last night raises questions about team unity (it's amazing they managed to put the arguing behind them in Brisbane). Reminds me of the RWC 1991 ABs - couldn't look each other in the eye when the pressure went on.

B

Butters

What an awesome decision to only pick one openside in the worldcup squad and 5 blindside/no. 8's. If Beau Robinson was at 7 instead of that McCalman, the irish forwards are nowhere near as dominant in the breakdown.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has to go, his positioning on the wing is terrible and it'd be nice if we had someone in the team who will pass the ball with a 3 on 1 overlap.

Also it'd be nice if Australia actually trained how to maul properly. They hardly ever use it in attack and had no idea what to do when Ireland kept creating mauls in defence.

Garryowen

Larry Dwyer (12)
No way did the ref have anything to do with OZ losing. Ireland played really well and managed to dominant OZ in the forwards. The Irish backs tackled their hearts out and in this game OZ had no reply. Ireland were the better team on the day and deserved their win. None of this "refs are ruining the world cup" stuff. It's crap.

Ireland were allowed to play that way because they were not punished by Bryce. On top of that, he gave them momentum and point scoring opportunities by awarding them scrum penalty after scrum penalty. Granted the Wallabies were wasteful in possession, but you can't discount the impact Bryce had on the match. Not least of all on the basis of a misguided principle that refs can't determine the outcome of a match.

No one can suggest that was a good game of rugby.

I will say that Ireland played the smothering game very well. However, they never looked like scoring a try save for the intercept.

M

Muttonbird

We'll let you know how it goes. Have a cup of tea in the meantime.:lmao:

Reactions: DPK

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What an awesome decision to only pick one openside in the worldcup squad and 5 blindside/no. 8's. If Beau Robinson was at 7 instead of that useless turd McCalman, the irish forwards are nowhere near as dominant in the breakdown.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has to go, his positioning on the wing is terrible and it'd be nice if we had someone in the team who will pass the ball with a 3 on 1 overlap.

Also it'd be nice if Australia actually trained how to maul properly. They hardly ever use it in attack and had no idea what to do when Ireland kept creating mauls in defence.

I'd say this post was a useless turd...

Status
Not open for further replies.