• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC - Wallabies v Italy - 11th September 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Not sure why as a winger you would bother competing for the high ball. The ref gives the catcher no advantage whatsoever, saw Beale get taken out in the air earlier and now Ashley-Cooper getting taken out without the ball. Why not wait for your opponent to go for it and then just tackle them, chances are they won't catch it anyway.

Such a bullsh*t concept that is really annoying me right now, there is a difference between competing for the ball and taking the player out; right now there is no protection whatsoever for the catcher.

15 penalties in the first half, really don't want to see this guy controlling the final.

6-6

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'm really getting the shits with the Italians knocking the ball out when they are on the ground at the ruck, I know its hard to see in there but surely the ref knows for a ball to fly out like that it'd have to have been punched/reefed out.

B

BRIX

15 long arm penalties in 1 half. Fuckouttahere Alain you little, little man.

B

BRIX

I'm really getting the shits with the Italians knocking the ball out when they are on the ground at the ruck, I know its hard to see in there but surely the ref knows for a ball to fly out like that it'd have to have been punched/reefed out.

Balls slippery from what I've seen. That and loose handling

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Last time we played them, the ref was letting Italy get away with everything. So i reckon it could be worse.

The Wallabies actually played alright, they just desperately need to get those Up and Under returns right so we can get the ball back into Italy's half.

Garryowen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Wallabies been by far the better team. Should be OK in the second half. Nonetheless, Roland has been atrocious. Failed to spot the Italian cheating following Pocock's run for instance.

Still, if we dealt better with their box kicks, we wouldn't be in this position.

R

Rev Spooner

Scrum looking good except for the one on their feed. A struggle but not unexpected. Been unlucky a couple of times but we need to control the ball at crucial moments.

F

François

I woke up at 5.30 am to watch my favorite team after my country, and this is what I get ?? Very disappointed so far. Where are the wallabies ? There's not much passion in there... I even found myself cheering for the Italians !

Did they think the win was to be handed to them in a platter ?

As always Pocock showed the way, though. Should be a very interesting second half : )

What do you guys think of your team so far ?

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
At some point the ref is going to have to bin an Italian or 2. They are offside and spoiling to much. Pinging them is not doing anything.

B

BRIX

Get O'connor out of the naughty seat for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), at some stage soon please

Status
Not open for further replies.