• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC - Wallabies v Italy - 11th September 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chief

I thought Vickerman was far better than Horwill.....

Thought Samo played a cracker of a 2nd half after a quiet first half. That is very promising from the big man. Vickerman was great guns, fantastic to see him back. His experience is just what the Wallabies need.

O'Connor's return at Fainga'a's expense is the inevitable. He was fantastic when he came on.

The Irish are going to bloody tough, and emotional next week. Can't wait.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Commentary highlights.

Rod Kafer: "He is one of those unique players"
Greg Clark: (when talking about bonus points) "You only get them for the group stage though".

P

potjiekos

Well done Aus.... played your own game in the second half!!.....Nice.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
I thought Vickerman was far better than Horwill.....

Found Horwill's MOTM hilarious - thought he was our worst forward.

I'm surprised that the biggest concern out of that game was in the backs - the lack of midfield penetration and poor decision making from 10 & 15. We cannot be that flakey against Ireland.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
That Italian Fullback didn't dive for the tackle on Digby for his try. He should be drawn and quartered on forums all over the world!

Manuel

Herbert Moran (7)
Is it only me or Higgers wasn't binding and it should have been a penalty try? Parisse was just gutted.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Is it only me or Higgers wasn't binding and it should have been a penalty try? Parisse was just gutted.

From memory I thought the ball had passed the last feet & Higgers timed it just right but I'd have to watch it again to be sure.

EDIT: Or McCalman, whoever it was

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Found Horwill's MOTM hilarious - thought he was our worst forward.

I'm surprised that the biggest concern out of that game was in the backs - the lack of midfield penetration and poor decision making from 10 & 15. We cannot be that flakey against Ireland.

I think that breaking up the static McCabe Fainga'a midfield sorts that out. I don't think we'll see Ant for a while.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Not sure if this is the right thread. Anyone who was at the match have an aftermatch and SA vs wales venue sorted?

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
Horne for bench at expense for Fingers or keep him on for some missiles for second half? Pocock not injured right?

P

pete88

Anyone else getting sick of KB (Kurtley Beale) trying to relive his end of year chip kicks when they are categorically not the right option? He's also getting run in to touch a little too much for my liking. Hes better than what he's shown in 2011.

Anyway can't ask for much more than that, 4 try BP against an opposition that knows how to put us off and played pretty well. First of seven in a row, doesnt have to have been the perfect 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.