• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RWC23 - Pool B - SA, IRE, SCO, TON, ROM

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Yeah OQueefe is one of the worst

Yes! oh & sorry I should have explained it was a broken maul 3m out from the try line.

The boks missed 4 goals & I cant belive the gap between (you could argue) the best 2 hookers in the world & their 3rd.

Ireland won a pure rugby match, took their chances & defend well & as a reward they prob will loose to nz in the quarters lol

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Ireland were impressive in that game for mine. The won the collision zone pretty consistently, especially the breakdown. The Bokke had the limitations of their selections and game exposed a bit today. They were clearly aiming to win the game with brute force and didn't really offer anything in attack. Ireland weathered the initial onslaught and varied their tactics skilfully. Their set piece was shaky in the first quarter but settled and looked a constant threat. South Africa play good tournament rugby but today they were outsmarted I reckon.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Ireland were impressive in that game for mine. The won the collision zone pretty consistently, especially the breakdown. The Bokke had the limitations of their selections and game exposed a bit today. They were clearly aiming to win the game with brute force and didn't really offer anything in attack. Ireland weathered the initial onslaught and varied their tactics skilfully. Their set piece was shaky in the first quarter but settled and looked a constant threat. South Africa play good tournament rugby but today they were outsmarted I reckon.

Pretty good take, but I counter that with if faf's long range goal was the width of the ball longer its the narrative of "same old ireland" this game could easily be the final. Sometimes your the windsheild & sometimes your the bug, today the boks were the bug.