• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sevens 2022/23 (World Series etc)

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Too me seems on par with other world series events on day 1, in dubai because of the heat they play in front of about 2 ppl till the sun goes down

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Normal service resumed. Hopefully that causes a reset going into Day 2 - Blyde looks & sounds pissed off so that's encouraging.

Women's QF:

7:30 AEDT Australia v GB
7:52 USA v Fijiana
8:14 France v Ireland
8:36 NZ v Japan

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Aussie women are so good at catch and pass. It may sound simple and should be ingrained into rugby players but watch aussie 15’s men rugby and we are shite. Great to watch.
Yeah, I’m saying that though I was really impressed with some of the Aussie Mens passing today as well, from some players I wouldn’t normally expect to have good long passes either

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Day 1 highlights:

Edit: organisers are claiming an attendance of 17K yesterday & that the Brian Perry Stand (the side they broadcast from) is sold out today. Gotta say I'm sceptical.

Last edited:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Edit: organisers are claiming an attendance of 17K yesterday & that the Brian Perry Stand (the side they broadcast from) is sold out today. Gotta say I'm sceptical.

Given the main field seats 25,000 that would mean a lot went out the back to watch women's games.