• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sevens 2022/23 (World Series etc)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not sure why but after being Stacey Fluhler for ~3 years she's now added her maiden name Waaka to her kit.

NZ 58-0 PNG

Last edited:

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
That's why the men are dropping to Olympic format to ensure everyone plays on the one field

I get it, I just mean you shouldnt have the no.1 side in the world on field 2 & no on the broadcast. Just imagine the blow up from certain ppl across the ditch if we put the ab's on the roosters training paddock next week!

(i know ours is over 3 days & all at the sfs, i'm just making a point)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not sure why Ireland didn't roll the dice there instead of setting for the draw.

Anyhoo, NZ v Straya about to break loose...

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yep thought that was a pretty shitty call at the end, the refs comment that "you can tackle someone going for the ball" seems to go against other rulings.. but anyway

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I missed the Aussie women play, do they have concurrent matches player on other fields?
I thought we were done with that.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ only a few. Making Aus women one of them is a major scheduling fail IMO (& that of @Members Section).

^^ was a genuine 50/50 IMO & had it gone the other way I'd probably have said "unlucky to get pinged for an early tackle but them's the breaks" or similar.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Lucky not to get pinged for tackling without the ball but we'll take the W.

Straya v Tonga for second in the Pool!

It was a 50/50 call he should have hung onto it anyway. Plus I like you guys getting all up & about pecocking only to loose tomorrow arvo to the might of us in both the boys & the girls ruining your whole weekend lol

but seriously I cant remember a game between us that hasnt been on the line at the very end in ages!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Michaela Blyde used to be just the really quick one who stood wide & waited for the likes of Hirini & Fluhler get the ball to her. Lately she's coming in & cutting people in half mid-field, or chasing down the oppo speedster & getting over the ball to win the turnover. Gotta be our most improved player comparing today to say 2020/21.

(She's still not Queen Bee Char, but ;))

NZ 27-0 Fijiana.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
SA v Arg should be epic!

Edit: was epic. SA 17-14 Arg. If my hearing & maths are correct the combined points margin from their last four matches is 10 which would be crazy.

Last edited: