• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sevens 2022/23 (World Series etc)

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
We don't have enough money to buy adequate publicity for our game, either Sevens, or Fifteens, women or men.

When the Premier of NSW explained the failure of Australia to beat Argentina in the soccer World Cup, he said that Argentina only plays one sport, but we play several. When this sort of ignorance is extant, I despair. It almost makes me hope that Argentina wins the Sydney leg!

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Women's SF
NZ 14-7 Ireland
Aus 33-12 USA

Bronze
USA 20-12 Ireland

Final
NZ 31-14 Australia

I did not think that result possible with so many first-choice players missing but the old hands like Kaka & Brazier really stepped up.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Men's SF
NZ 33-17 USA
Samoa 10-7 SA

Bronze
USA 22-14

9th-place playoffs
QF Aus 33-7 Canada
SF Aus 26-0 Spain
Final Aus 12-24 France

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Men's standings:

1. Samoa 47 points
2. SA 47
3. NZ 44
4. USA 44
5. Fiji 40
6. Australia 39
7. France 38

Relegation zone:
15. (Automatically relegated) Japan 4
12-14 (Playoff with Challenger Series winner for Core status) Spain 13, Canada 11,Kenya 9.

Team GB now 10th & seven points clear of Spain.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Women's standings:

1. Australia 38
2. NZ 38
3. USA 32
4. France 26
5. Ireland 24
6. Fiji 20

Series resumes in Hamilton on 21 & 22 January.

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
Women's SF
NZ 14-7 Ireland
Aus 33-12 USA

Bronze
USA 20-12 Ireland

Final
NZ 31-14 Australia

I did not think that result possible with so many first-choice players missing but the old hands like Kaka & Brazier really stepped up.

Gee! Well done to the kiwi girls. I didn’t see that one coming. Tight start to the series.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)

The challenger series goes back to 2 legs but both in RSA at the same venue over 2 weekends, both mens & women. 12 team format to match in with the world series going forward & the olympics.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Geez pool A is brutal! We desperately need to get out of the group & us or nz make sure the usa dont get past the 1/4

321009748_911301363199332_7188355461138346593_n.png

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hamilton match schedules:

Men

www.world.rugby

Fixtures and Results for Hamilton | HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series

Stay up to date with the full schedule of Hamilton Sevens, from 21 January 2023 to 22 January 2023.
www.world.rugby
www.world.rugby

Women

www.world.rugby

Fixtures and Results for Hamilton | HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series

Stay up to date with the full schedule of Hamilton Sevens, from 21 January 2023 to 22 January 2023.
www.world.rugby
www.world.rugby

More shit weather heading these ways apparently: even if the worst of it tracks East of the ranges as it usually does it's still likely to be pretty wet for most of the two days :(

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
In the Saturday Telegraph, there's a good article about the Men's 7s program. Great read, however, one thing sticks out for me - referring to John Manenti - "relaunched his coaching career after a failed stint with the women's Sevens team.

Didn't Manenti coach them to great success? Which is why he was swapped with Tim Clark?

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
In the Saturday Telegraph, there's a good article about the Men's 7s program. Great read, however, one thing sticks out for me - referring to John Manenti - "relaunched his coaching career after a failed stint with the women's Sevens team.

Didn't Manenti coach them to great success? Which is why he was swapped with Tim Clark?
Dare say they are referring to the Tokyo Olympics where we were defending gold medallist and we got knocked off in the quarters. FYI the mens coach is Tim Walsh. Tim Clark is a jockey.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Good news on the weather front: the tropical low heading our way hasn't developed into a cyclone & what rain it does bring is expected tomorrow & Thursday with a window of decent weather to follow.