• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sevens 2022/23 (World Series etc)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ It's called reverse psychology (when it works ;))

Men's Cup QF (from 17:28 AEDT)
Argentina v Ireland
USA v Australia
France v NZ
SA v Samoa

France & USA the only unbeaten teams.

Aus through on PD of +2 vs GB's 0. NZ also on PD of +44 vs Fiji's +40 & Ire +11 vs Spain +7.

Men's comps are going to be even more cut-throat when they cut the field to 12.

Women's (from 16:00)
NZ v GB
Ireland v USA
France v Spain
Australia v Fiji

Aus, NZ & Ire the unbeaten sides. GB (+19) & Fiji (+5) through ahead of Canada (-22) on PD.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Blyde really stepping up in the absence of Woodman & Tui, ditto Brazier for Hirini, NZ 22-5 GB. Not sure it's enough to tip over Aus, though (assuming NZ first get past Ireland or USA, of course).

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
LOL that's 95 replays & a Card - probably Red - in XV's but in 7's it's Ref saying "nah, looked all good to me" & play resumes after the medic does her medic stuff, not even an HIA (which there probably should've been*, she didn't look entirely "there" for a bit).

* Edit: literally five minutes later the sideline Doc calls her off for an HIA...

Last edited:

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
that was extremely disappointing, 3 lucky wins in HK the tide has turned with a couple of winnable games blown. Ah well thats 7's now to make sure we finish 5th

btw our girls are unbelievably awesome, even our a side is undefeated so far!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I thought the NZ women went really well considering the absence of five Best-12 players & TN-W only just back from her concussion-enforced break. Once back to full strength they may even be able to snag the odd win v your ladies! (who looked exceptional in the games I saw). Also lets coach Sweeney know who's up to it if/ when someone needs to be called up later in the season.

Men still a work in progress but like the women will be better when back to full strength. Series goal should be top-four finish (or five if France make the four) to ensure Olympic qualification without having to go down the regional qualifying tournament route.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Relegation watch:

15th (automatically relegated): Japan 3 points

12th - 14th (playoff with Challenger Series winner for Core status: Canada 9, Spain 8, Kenya 6

Team GB now 10th on PD from Uruguay, both on 10 & already 15 (!) behind NZ, Argentina & Samoa.

Does wanting to see Team GB in the Challenger Series make me a bad person?

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Relegation watch:

15th (automatically relegated): Japan 3 points

12th - 14th (playoff with Challenger Series winner for Core status: Canada 9, Spain 8, Kenya 6

Team GB now 10th on PD from Uruguay, both on 10 & already 15 (!) behind NZ, Argentina & Samoa.

Does wanting to see Team GB in the Challenger Series make me a bad person?

Looks like we have 9 solid sides this year, RSA after winning last week are a genuine chance of bombing out this week. should make for an interesting year.

On the relegation side while i'm with you about hopefully GB getting the chop, I think they will be safe but the final safe spot is going to be tasty & a plate semi's are going to be good watching come the end of the season

On the girls side our girls are bloody amazing! 3 of our girls sides went undefeated on the weekend bloody amazing stuff!