• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sevens 2022/23 (World Series etc)

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Good news on the weather front: the tropical low heading our way hasn't developed into a cyclone & what rain it does bring is expected tomorrow & Thursday with a window of decent weather to follow.

With everything going on over here I completely forgot that was this weekend! Geez our boys need a big one

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Lily Dick & Hinds back in for Nasser & Manera
GIRLS.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A heap of big names back for NZ
Women:

3 Stacey Fluhler 4 Niall Guthrie 6 Michaela Blyde 7 Tyla Nathan-Wong 10 Theresa Fitzpatrick 11 Portia Woodman-Wickliffe 12 Alena Saili 13 Jazmin Felix-Hotham 22 Shiray Kaka 34 Sarah Hirini (C) 77 Risi Pouri-Lane 83 Jorja Miller 99 Tenika Willison

Unavailable for selection: Kelly Brazier, Mahina Paul (injury).

Guthrie was Niall Williams & Portia Woodman has also recently married hence the -Wickliffe (being Black Ferns XV's fullback Renee).

Looking forward to big things from these ladies over the weekend.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Also some Men returning from injury but still several front liners out:

2 Brady Rush 4 Akuila Rokolisoa 5 Dylan Collier 6 Ngarohi McGarvey-Black 7 Sam Dickson (C) 9 Amanaki Nicole 11 Joe Webber 12 Leroy Carter 13 Moses Leo 21 Che Clark 27 Sione Molia 44 Roderick Solo 64 Regan Ware

Unavailable for selection: Andrew Knewstubb, Kitiona Vai, Scott Curry, Tim Mikkelson, Tone Ng Shiu (injury), Tepaea Cook-Savage (illness)

Ng Shiu the biggest loss for mine & I'm consequently not sure what to expect from that group, kinda has a rocks or diamonds vibe to it.

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
wishing nothing but the very worst for your sides performances as well! unless you need to knock someone out that would advantage us

Hard to see the women's Final not being NZ v Aus. Provided both NZ & Aus men beat GB (which they really should) they get relatively easy QF & ideally NZ v SA or Samoa & Aus v Fiji or Arg SF at which point all bets are off.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Hard to see the women's Final not being NZ v Aus. Provided both NZ & Aus men beat GB (which they really should) they get relatively easy QF & ideally NZ v SA or Samoa & Aus v Fiji or Arg SF at which point all bets are off.

I'm loving how close the mens series is, plus there is always 1 that misses the final 8

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Didn’t realise John Manantis son was a good cricketer. Was watching BBL just now, Apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
Ben has played BBL for the past 5 years; previously at the Sixers. I believe he has a brother who also plays First Grade cricket.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Samoa 31-5 Kenya. Scratchy first half, HT 5-5, but dominant last four minutes. Interesting that 11 of their 13 are Samoan residents, big change to the South Auckland selection of previous years - I wonder if that's a sign of things to come wrt their XV's program?