• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SH team vs NH team....any aussies in the SH team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
There have been a few exciting TEAM performances from aus, but do any of the aussie players stand out?

What if we had southern hemisphere team northern hemisphere team (do they ever do that btw??), well apart from Pocock which of the aussie players would make the SH team I wonder.

The best we could hope for would be 'positive discrimination' and make it a rule of five from each conference. Otherwise I think our contribution would be slender.

And, on that, what would be that SH team?? (and how would it go against the best from the north...have not caught any rugby from up there since the WC)

Hooker...Bismark (wasn't he fantastic on the RC??), well I'll let you guys fill in the rest. Five from each conference, and who get's in.

(Lambie over Carter btw)

EDIT. Just on the RC....man, has that taken a dive the last few years. Please, spare us the 'piggies vs princesses' for fvcks sake (groooaan). Bring back the interviews and catcing up from Tony Johnston et al, and over to SA for their take on what's going on, enough of the stupid fluff they have now. We want information not some poor attempt at pathetic humour and light entertainment.

SOOoo, is there a way to catch the NZ and SA rugby shows on the net?? Anyone know?? Thanks

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I like this post

I would struggle picking a top 15 ATM
from aus I think pocock is standing out unbelievably. Anyone who thinks richey still has it over him is insane. Richey is getting old :)

Geeez top 5 from aus

Pocock...... This is lame. I can't do it. Our standout players are injured or not standing out. Eg
Mitchell
JOC (James O'Connor) ( missed 1 game )
Beal

We seriously lack good centers ATM apart from taps

Sharpe is doing bloody well and he is consistent ATM

Ok if there has to be five I would go with
Sharpe
Pocock
JOC (James O'Connor)
Genia
and kurtley when fit.
Sorry if this post was bad. I am on some slow releasing narcotic patch for pain relief. Lol

Http://www.youtube.com/shiggins316

P

PTB

1. B. Franks
2. Du Plessis
3. Kruger
4. Sharpe
5. Becker
6. Brussow
7. Pocock
8. Kaino
9. Genia
10. Carter
11. Jane
12. De Villiers
13. Smith
14. Dagg
15. Beale

res Strauss, O. Franks, Van Der m=Merve, Spies, Hougaard, Lambie, O'Connor

noticeable absentee's Richie & Thorn

JimboJoe1006

Chris McKivat (8)
Would love to see this done every few years. A very optimistic count for the 22 is:

Definite: Genia
Likely: Pocock*; Mitchell; Beale and Robinson
Possible: Ioane; Horwill, Moore and Sharpe

* I would only select one 7 in the 22

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Sorry, are we talking right now, or fantasy land where they're all fit and in form?
From an Aus point of view, right now, Pocock gets the nod, but I honestly couldn't see many others from any Aus team in a SH 22 at the moment. Genia usually, but he has not been in anywhere near his best form. Sharpe a possible.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well don't think you sould pick Beale, Kaino(he's out), Richie, Carter to start with, as none of them have played enough or any rugby this year. Lol Shiggins you sure right, Richie not ecven playing yet;)

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Our 6s have been good. No standouts in SA or NZ apart from Thomson.

The Highlanders missed Thomson against the Brums. Jeez he has amazing awareness. Miles ahead of any other blindside so far this year. Reads the game so well.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
Ha, I had forgotten about O'Connor...maybe that was my point? haha.

I only put the suggestion of five from each conference else I could hardly see any aussies in the team, seems to be a bit of agreement there? (no bites yet about how the 'two teams' would fare)

Pick the coach first. That will have more bearing on the team than anything else.

Good point, I wondered along those lines a bit too. Let's say we have a 'standout' for a given position, yet is it possible that that person might NOT be picked as the whole team has to be viewed as a whole? (if that made sense)

T

Train Without a Station

The Pocock love is getting a little over the top I think. In Super Rugby form from what I've seen, I can't say he's light years ahead of Coetzee, Todd and Brussow this season so far. I wouldn't even say he toweled up Beau Robinson when they played the Reds. Good to see he has added a little bit of an attacking dimension to his game, but he's still got a long way to go to match Richie as far as I'm concerned. And I agree with (possibly Sully) that Richie is a blight on the game that has brought in so much negative openside play it's not funny. Still I haven't seen Pocock with the game on the line jump up at 2, steal a line out then a couple of phases later put the man outside him in to space for the match winning try.

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
In a full strength team I'd include Kaino, Carter etc. without question but with just those currently available, I'd go with the following XV:
1. Benn Robinson AUS
2. Bismarck du Plessis SA
3. Jannie du Plessis SA
4. Sam Whitelock NZ
5. Andries Bekker SA
6. Adam Thomson NZ
7. David Pocock AUS
8. Pierre Spies SA
9. Will Genia AUS
10. James O'Connor AUS
11. Israel Dagg NZ
12. Ben Tapuai AUS
13. Richard Kahui NZ
14. Cory Jane NZ
15. Patrick Lambie SA

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Genia? No offence Swarley but he has been shithouse this season. Hougaard, Aaron Smith, Pretourius amongst others have been far superior.

We know how everyone thought Genia made Quade Cooper look good, I'm starting to think that it's the other way around.

Charlemagne

Frank Nicholson (4)
Might know a bit more about Argentina after the rugby championship, Not so sure about JOC (James O'Connor) at ten, might move Lambie to ten and JOC (James O'Connor) to inside centre, also Genia has not had a great start to the season and I like Hougaard at half back. Also prefer Israel Dagg at full back were he can be more involved and put Ioane on the wing?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vlqtoq

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I would say that Tawera Kerr-Barlow from the Chiefs has been about the best halfback so far in Super Rugby. Genia would struggle to make the top 4.

Zane Kirchner and Andre Taylor would be the form fullbacks so far for me. Bernard Foley would be an outside shot as well. His bends the defensive line everytime he runs with the ball.

Robbie Freuen would have to be a shot at the 13 jersey and as much as everyone would disagree, Tom Carter is definitely one of the form 12s at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.