• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Re: 2009 Shute Shield

gordon dominated the first half. really pegged randwick back. lots of forward work. 12-5 halftime.
randwick game out in the second and ran the ball around. was like watching randwick of old. ella must be teaching them something.

R

Rugby Rat

louie said:
gordon dominated the first half. really pegged randwick back. lots of forward work. 12-5 halftime.
randwick game out in the second and ran the ball around. was like watching randwick of old. ella must be teaching them something.
Sounds great. Will be at their next home game.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)

A game of two halves !

Fullback Dave Harvey being sin binned just before half time seemed to swing the momentum to Randwick. And the loss of #8 Ratu and #6 Nap'a to injury hurt them. Mostly Randwick showed more patience and composure in the 2nd half. No doubt the previous week's humbling at the hands of the Easts Beasts taught them a thing or two.

I reckon Ratu still looks a long way off 100% fit.

Parra could do with coach Ella back after being smashed 64-0 at home to the Beasts.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)

is it just me or does it look like ratu has been really holding back since he signed with the tahs?
he was a beast at the start of last year

louie

Desmond Connor (43)

it was. and he scored two last week. and one this week.
just feels like the could be doing more

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Parramatta: 1. Arthur Manukia, 2. Scott Podmore, 3. Lui Sakaria; 4. Andrew Cox, 5. Ryan Aniseko; 6. Jeremy Bird, 7. Winney Paulo, 8. Matt Borg; 9. Aaron Mattin, 10. Steve Hales; 11. Roland Herea, 12. Piripi Ranga, 13. Steve Mafi, 14. Areta Lama; 15. Ben Borg.

this can't be a good sign. Neither for Parramatta nor Mafi.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)

Dead_set, how many upsets were there this round ? Two Blues beat the Rats ? :lmao: Beasts done by Harbour :'( Pirates always give us a tough time of it.

I fell asleep on the couch watching the Gordon-Uni game. I'm filthy that I missed out on a Uni thrashing !!

With no Aussie team making the S14 finals & no Aus A format, club rugby should carve up.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member

naza said:
Deadset, how many upsets were there this round? Two Blues beat the Rats? :lmao: Beasts done by Harbour :'( Pirates always give us a tough time of it.

Upset? UPSET? Those princely rugby pugilists, the Pirates, will ALWAYS be a match for those nancy-boys from the eastern suburbs. Stick to your art galleries, fellas, and leave the real rugby to those classic conquerors from Concord.

After that magnicent effort the rest of the competition should be very wary of the Pirates.

PS. Lee, bad luck about the Rats.

R

rugbywhisperer

Lindommer said:
naza said:
Golly gosh!, how many upsets were there this round? Two Blues beat the Rats? :lmao: Beasts done by Harbour :'( Pirates always give us a tough time of it.
Upset? UPSET? Those princely rugby pugilists, the Pirates, will ALWAYS be a match for those nancy-boys from the eastern suburbs. Stick to your art galleries, fellas, and leave the real rugby to those classic conquerors from Concord.
After that magnicent effort the rest of the competition should be very wary of the Pirates.
PS. Lee, bad luck about the Rats.

I have fell the sarcasm all the way up here.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

Sydney Uni is starting to get loaded up, this week

1. Jerry Yanuyanutawa, 2. Ben Roberts, 3. Jeremy Tilse; 4. Adam Campbell, 5. Hugh Hawkins; 6. Dave Dennis, 7. Jono Jenkins, 8. David Haigh; 9. Scott Stumbles, 10. Daniel Halangahu; 11. Alfi Mafi, 12. Tom Carter, 13. Mitch Inman, 14. Robert O?Reilly; 15. Nathan Trist.

with more to come, Caldwell etc

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)

fatprop said:

1. Jerry Yanuyanutawa, 2. Ben Roberts, 3. Jeremy Tilse; 4. Adam Campbell, 5. Hugh Hawkins; 6. Dave Dennis, 7. Jono Jenkins, 8. David Haigh; 9. Scott Stumbles, 10. Daniel Halangahu; 11. Alfi Mafi, 12. Tom Carter, 13. Mitch Inman, 14. Robert O?Reilly; 15. Nathan Trist.

Where is the bold for Tilse???

naza

Alan Cameron (40)

the gambler said:
fatprop said:

Where is the bold for Tilse???

He's been playing already, with his trademark mediocrity. I gather the Tahs realised he'd be better off actually playing rugby. What a FUCKING CONCEPT !!

Where the hell did David Haigh disappear to ? He was nowhere for 2 years, did he do a Craig Wells on us ?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member

Yesterday, those much-maligned rugby minnows, the Pirates, routed the Rats at Concord. There are now two points between second-placed Manly on 30 points to the Pirates sitting at sixth on 28. Looks like a great competition this year.

Oh, and Penrith beat Norths at Penrith. :p :p :p

naza

Alan Cameron (40)

Love how the Pirates avoid the ruck by offloading and supporting. I'd like to see that from the Tahs. It gave the Rats fits as their game is built around committing heinous crimes against humanity at the breakdown. The Pirates #8 must be 135 kgs though - they won't challenge until their conditioning improves.

Manly are the 'How the hell are they on top of the table' team of the year, replacing last year's titleholder's, Gordon. Amazing turnaround. Its a worry that these teams are top of the table but don't have anybody that should be playing Super 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.