• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BellyTwoBlues

Sorry BellyTwoBlues mate but IMHO Manly are going to absolutely hammer Parra. The wheels have fallen off at Parra and they wont win another game this year.

Manly by 50 hey Knuckles..............dare I say it, if it was a dry track we may just have got them. Their midfield just couldn't handle ours, for the second time this year. Still Manly deserved the win and got it. A 19 point difference is a fair way off 50 though.

B

BellyTwoBlues

I notice in this week's Rugby News that Nick F-J has dropped a strong hint about a 10 team Shute Shield in the future. Unfortunately we would have to assume that Penrith will be one of the casualties if this happens, but which other team would go???

Here we go again

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
Gordon 1s and 2s are training at Chatswood oval tonight with the Waratahs @ 6pm

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Stag XV

Frank Nicholson (4)
Any news on when the catch-up games are being played? Seems like most of Sydney will be looking for grounds.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Schoolboy champs at View.

Wobs using Joeys.

Knox sometimes gets used by visiting teams.

Not too sure about Private Schools lending fields to 2nd - 4th grade Shute Shield rugby, but all the usual ovals used by the Juniors should be free for the next two weeks.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Schoolboy champs at View.

Wobs using Joeys.

Knox sometimes gets used by visiting teams.

Not too sure about Private Schools lending fields to 2nd - 4th grade Shute Shield rugby, but all the usual ovals used by the Juniors should be free for the next two weeks.

These are all events. An SS game is not.

I'm not knocking SS, but hosting a game adds no value to the school in the same way the above events do.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Any news on when the catch-up games are being played? Seems like most of Sydney will be looking for grounds.

The NSWRU website has times and places listed for the catch up games, but not in the Wet Weather section, that would be too obvious!
You need to look at the Shute Shield etc "Draws and Results" section.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Watched the Eastwood Randwick game last night. Very impressed with David Horwitz, he looks like a very complete, very organised, fly-half. Mind you, he was up against a hooker (Hugh Roach) at open side, and the fattest fly-half in the history of the code (Pierre Hola).

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Watched the Eastwood Randwick game last night. Very impressed with David Horwitz, he looks like a very complete, very organised, fly-half. Mind you, he was up against a hooker (Hugh Roach) at open side, and the fattest fly-half in the history of the code (Pierre Hola).

I agree, but that wasn't his best game. I thought he panicked a few times and threw some passes that were too hard for the conditions. At 18 years old with no time in colts or lower grades he's obviously on a steep learning curve, but I think he has the talent to succeed.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
You're a hard marker. He did an awful lot of good stuff, a few mistakes at his age I can live with that. I hope Cheika is keeping an eye on him.

Silly me. Of course he would be.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
You're a hard marker. He did an awful lot of good stuff, a few mistakes at his age I can live with that. I hope Cheika is keeping an eye on him.

Silly me. Of course he would be.

I didn't mean to be critical.
I'm one of his biggest supporters!
I was just pointing out that he's played much better games this year and apart from a bad missed tackle (on Tom Kingston) in the Uni game he's hardly put a foot wrong all year.

He spent some time with the Waratahs pre-season.
If the Waratahs don't lock him in I'm sure he'll be lost to one of the other S15 teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.