• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Ed Gower makes his return this week in MMM's 2's after a long break . He would have been better advised to stomp on someone than swat a serial lineout pest!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Saturday June 29
West Harbour v Gordon @ Concord Oval (3pm)
West Harbour by 7-12

Randwick v Eastwood @ Coogee Oval (3pm) (ABCTV GAME)
Eastwood by 10-20

Southern Districts v Warringah @ Forshaw Rugby Park (3pm)
Southern Districts by 20+

Manly v Parramatta @ Manly Oval (3pm)
Manly by 12-20

Northern Suburbs v Penrith @ North Sydney Oval
Northern Suburbs by 16-20

Sunday June 30 June
Sydney University v Eastern Suburbs @ Sydney University Oval No. 1 (3pm)
Sydney University by 8-10

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Ed Gower makes his return this week in MMM's 2's after a long break . He would have been better advised to stomp on someone than swat a serial lineout pest!

Well put.
Or stand toe to toe like Gallan and land 2 shots on the chin.
Welcome back Ed

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Geez Knuckles I thought Horwitz played a very mature game in utterly shithouse conditions.
First time I've seen him in a proper contest and I thought he did pretty well.
My take was the Randwick tried to play the first half like it was bone dry and after that it was too late.

I didn't see the game so couldn't comment either way.

But I've seen enough of him to know I don't rate him. Only my opinion though

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Saturday June 29
West Harbour v Gordon @ Concord Oval (3pm)
West Harbour by 7-12

Randwick v Eastwood @ Coogee Oval (3pm) (ABCTV GAME)
Eastwood by 10-20

Southern Districts v Warringah @ Forshaw Rugby Park (3pm)
Southern Districts by 20+

Manly v Parramatta @ Manly Oval (3pm)
Manly by 50

Northern Suburbs v Penrith @ North Sydney Oval
Northern Suburbs by 16-20

Sunday June 30 June
Sydney University v Eastern Suburbs @ Sydney University Oval No. 1 (3pm)
Sydney University by 8-10

Sorry BellyTwoBlues mate but IMHO Manly are going to absolutely hammer Parra. The wheels have fallen off at Parra and they wont win another game this year.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
He got EXACTLY what he deserved. Cheap shots were done with in the 70s. The game has moved on. Pity his discipline hasn't.

Knuckles having an EOFY rant, or just got the shits with the rain?
Galah wasn't questioning the time on the sideline, he was referencing the Horwill possible stomp and drawing comparisons and possible inconsistent penalties.

My eyes, Eds was a rack off Kevs was a stomp to the head.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)

Knuckles - I beg to differ as I think his attack is really good. On the other hand, he missed a simple one on one tackle against Uni and let in a try. He also threw a few panic style balls in traffic last week however so far, I like what I see. Perhaps his defensive shortcomings are better hidden at fly half. Interesting to see how he develops.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Knuckles - I beg to differ as I think his attack is really good. On the other hand, he missed a simple one on one tackle against Uni and let in a try. He also threw a few panic style balls in traffic last week however so far, I like what I see. Perhaps his defensive shortcomings are better hidden at fly half. Interesting to see how he develops.

Let's not forget he's playing #10 in Randwick first grade and he's still only 18 years old!

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
Sorry BellyTwoBlues mate but IMHO Manly are going to absolutely hammer Parra. The wheels have fallen off at Parra and they wont win another game this year.

Sorry Knuckles.

Gotta disagree with that one.

I've got Two Blues winning a least four out of the remaining.

Mid season slumps , doesn't end a season. Still a bit to go.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Miserable conditions at Keirle Park! Wingers will need to be mindful of the possibility of hypothermia! I must be crazy to be here.

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
When they almost shut Concord oval for 1sts grade you know it has been a wet week.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

So that's the choice in your opinion? Use either the fist or the boot?

Fortunately knuckledraggers get found out very easily these days. Perhaps he would have been better advised to control his temper.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
took 130 minutes at coogee for Wicks to show a bit of their potential but it was to little to late. Think it is a good indication that their is a bit of a gap between Uni, Eastwood, Manly and the rest of the comp. Sure we could say it may have been different on a dry track but you have to play all conditions. Thought Goodbody, Paila and Mitchell Were strong for us and Ford,Helliwell and the big american prop made some impact off the bench.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'm about to join you.

Well, you must be crazy too!
Two Blues will be asking questions of some absentees in 4s and 3s I'd think, but all credit to those who made the effort to show and play in the atrocious conditions. Most of these guys played two full games. Credit to the Manly players for a warm welcome and keen competition in the spirit of the game. Some nice handling in the semi-monsoonal storm! Well done Manly.
First grade saw the Two Blues off to their customary slow start (in both halves) which was punished by a Manly team that seemed to hardly make a mistake and scored some attractive tries. A spirited fightback by the Two Blues saw the game end at Manly 33 Parra 14. (Or possibly 31-14, I think my brain was waterlogged by that stage)

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Are you by chance the photographer or the manager/slash water bottle guy for 3rds? I was the guy with kids in an ARU wet weather Green top on the Eastern side of the field.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Photographer (together with my better half, we share the responsibility/fun). I did notice an ARU top taking the easy sheltered option! Those conditions made me question my love of Rugby for a moment or two!

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
took 130 minutes at coogee for Wicks to show a bit of their potential but it was to little to late. Think it is a good indication that their is a bit of a gap between Uni, Eastwood, Manly and the rest of the comp. Sure we could say it may have been different on a dry track but you have to play all conditions. Thought Goodbody, Paila and Mitchell Were strong for us and Ford,Helliwell and the big american prop made some impact off the bench.

I liked Nugget Helliwell's play today. Consistently good clean service and he wasn't tempted to try to dart for the line against a sound ruck defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.