• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Pirates 36 Two Blues 50
End to end stuff from the Mighty Two Blues and the West Harbour Pirates in what was (wait for it.. I'm auditioning for Fox Sports) A High Scoring Game. Down 15-17 at halftime, the Two Blues scored 5 second half tries to outlast the Pirates who had skipped away to a 36-22 lead with about 15 to go. Both these teams are capable of scoring tries from all parts of the field but the coaches will probably use some bad language on occasion when they watch the video. But, in the end, a win's a win (just needed another cliche for my Fox Sports audition).

Thommo's match report should be interesting.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
In terms of standardised guidance for Illegal and/or Foul Play and Misconduct, IRB Regulation 17 applies, and is used by nearly all judiciaries to assist to determine sanctions for citings.

Judiciary Entry Point Based on Scale of Seriousness of the Player’s conduct, which constitutes the offending.

Law No.10.4(a) Striking another Player with a hand, arm or fist
Lower End 2 weeks, Mid Range 5 weeks, Top End 8+ weeks, Maximum Sanction 52 weeks

I'd say it was a Mid range issue. Could be adjusted depending on previous record and attitude at judiciary. My money is on 4-5 weeks.

Either way Ed should look at doing some interstate travel during May. It is likely to be a good time for him to be out of town.

Nos Tradamus

Frank Nicholson (4)
it'll be interesting to see what he cops. I see it on the higher side of things. A king hit that KO'd the Eastwood player and left him with what I'm sure will be deemed a grade 3 concussion as he lost consciousness.

either way. bloody disgraceful.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
2 Blues score v Pirates on NSWRU site seems to be fixed . Still shows Marlins and Woods 2's as a 17 all draw . Marlins won 21 - 17 a rare moment of sunshine on a bad day for club although an interesting penalty apparently determined Colts . Ed's in a spot of bother methinks

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
GO YOU MIGHTY RATS!!!!!!!!!! Nothing better than seeing Sydney Uni get done! How about we play the finals now before the Waratahs players get back?

Great result for the competition yes but shame the Rats are a one team outfit - seriously competitive first grade but the rest of the club nowhere to be seen in fact obviously not even remotely competitive sure they'd love to play finals now .

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
You do realise the lower grades played on Thursday for last round? They had 1 rest day..

No I didn't and thanks querty a factor no doubt but I stand by my comments; even if they'd had more recovery time they would have been flogged other than in 1's - no depth (and no cash) . Come out swinging Ratties.....:)

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
2 Blues score v Pirates on NSWRU site seems to be fixed . Still shows Marlins and Woods 2's as a 17 all draw . Marlins won 21 - 17 a rare moment of sunshine on a bad day for club although an interesting penalty apparently determined Colts . Ed's in a spot of bother methinks
They fixed the score but haven't adjusted the points table

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
Was a good effort by the 4ths team after Backing up from West Harbour on Wednesday Night. The club had lost a lot of players through injury and unavailability. We just ran out of legs after having our Breakaway sent to the bin for 10 and Norths scored a late try and converted from the sideline to win 18-16. After the close loss to West Harbour on Wednesday night (7-3) this was pretty heartbreaking but the fellas are going to shake up some teams in the coming Weeks. Good wins to 2nds and 3rds too.

Club playing stocks are continuing to grow which is great. This week I think I'll have a whole other back line - selection head aches!!!

In even better news Gordon Colts put on a 'friendly' 2nds match with Norths yesterday and then 1sts went on to win. I think one or 2 North's fellas might have had a run for Gordon in 2nds. That is the spirit of Club footy - Good STUFF!

Looking forward to playing Parramatta this weekend at Chatswood.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
"In even better news Gordon Colts put on a 'friendly' 2nds match with Norths yesterday and then 1sts went on to win. I think one or 2 North's fellas might have had a run for Gordon in 2nds. That is the spirit of Club footy - Good STUFF!"

Very heartwarming to hear things like this. Deep down there are some really decent people in our game who still remember what it is all about - participation. Leave the win at all costs to the Test Match arena.

Well done Norths.

Orange Peeler

Peter Burge (5)
I was gladdened to hear on this mornings radio show, 'The Big Sports Breakfast', when Michael Slater and TK advertised the Randwick Easts game at Coogee Oval tomorrow. I have no doubt this will attract a big crowd and hopefully some of the Roosters finge fans. Well done for putting a game on.
It really makes me sick to see the Swans and St Kilda cashing in on the Anzac tradition by holding a game in NZ. The pathetic and tenuous link between NZ / Aus and AFL makes me cringe - but it does make me wonder why arent we playing a Super Rugby game against a KIWI team every ANZAC day? I mean rugby is the only sport the two countries have in common. please dont tell me the mungos is a legit relationship..

I agree Crashy, there should definitely be an Aussie v Kiwi Rugby Super Rugby fixture on ANZAC day. When ANZAC day sporting events are mentioned in Australia I sometimes wonder what the Sydney sporting landscape would like today if the Australian Rugby Union governing body at the time did not cancel all Rugby competitions in NSW & QLD during WWI. History tells us that Rugby League and Australian Rules continued their competitions during WWI and look what this has morphed into.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Digs at the Rats aside (can't wait for the derby Saturday week) - First Grade premiership or Club Championship - which would you choose ? I assume most out there in GAGR land will understandably go 1st grade premiership but increasingly it is the latter which will be the pointer to the strength of a club, its feeder clubs and sponsors and hence prestige and its survival prospects. That said could the NSWRU and in fairness other clubs countenance the demise of a premiership winning club ?

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Both.
Season is still young
Predictable response from you Dave and of course I agree with the Marlins that is entirely true indeed as it is with a few others but what if you are in that category of club at risk because of poor financials or numbers or as we know both ?! Out with a blaze of glory in 2013 or a longer term view? A well performing first grade certainly in top 4 or 5 is of course essential to win CC.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
love the two blues resergence by the way, especially in colts. Its great to see your 3rds winning 2 from 3. When was the last time Parra had 3 colts teams?
Dunno but I won a 3rd colts comp with them in the early 80s, good to see them getting at it again

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.