• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
I stress I think the 2722, 2724, and the 2693 includes the colts. Then add 45 to the 2693, for the total. I think this because before the round started Manly was on 2614 in the rugby news, and wins in 3s and 2s took them to 2693.
Looks like RatsvMarlins colts score may not be in, which could see Marlins on top depending on results.
Hugh, I think the club championship points on the website include colts.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yep. Just found a reference in an old version of Rugby news to how Club Champ Points are calculated.

Club Championship points are calculated thus:
Shute Shield x 15, 2nd Grade x 8, 3rd Grade x 5, 4th grade x 4, Colts 1 x 6 Colts 2 x 3 and Colts 3 x 2.

My OP is incorrect and has been amended.

The only results missing on the NSW web site are the Colts games for Rats vs Marlins.
Marlins should have won all three with BP giving them an additional 55 points (or 44 points if no 4 try bonus points were awarded).

If it is 3 x Colts victories for Marlins with no bonus points (44 points), then the top 3 are:
1. Manly, 2737 (Points) - Lead of 13 points
2. Eastwood, 2724 (Points) - Lead of 2 points
3. Sydney University, 2722 (Points) - Lead of 752 points

If it is 3 x Colts victories for Marlins all with 4T bonus points (55 points), then the top 3 are:
1. Manly, 2748 (Points) - Lead of 24 points
2. Eastwood, 2724 (Points) - Lead of 2 points
3. Sydney University, 2722 (Points) - Lead of 752 points

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
^^^
Herewith the table including Colts Club Championship points.

Edit: Correct Version

1. Eastwood, 2724 (Points) - Lead of 2 points
2. Sydney University, 2722 (Points) - Lead of 29 points
3. Manly, 2693 (Points) - Lead of 723 points*
4. Warringah, 1970 (Points) - Lead of 86 points*
5. Randwick, 1884 (Points) - Lead of 86 points
6. Southern Districts, 1798 (Points) - Lead of 193 points
7. West Harbour, 1605 (Points) - Lead of 67 points
8. Northern Suburbs, 1538 (Points) - Lead of 73 points
9. Eastern Suburbs, 1465 (Points) - Lead of 211 points
10. Parramatta, 1254 (Points) - Lead of 190 points
11. Gordon, 1064 (Points) - Lead of 686 points
12. Penrith, 378 (Points) - Lead of 378 points

* results from Manly vs Warringah Colts Games are not included.
Manly should have won all three games, so will gain somewhere between 44 and 55 Championship points depending on 4 try bonus points.

Well done, and.

What's left?
Next Week - Round 17 19/07/14
Eastern Suburbs v Parramatta
Penrith v West Harbour
Manly v Northern Suburbs
Sydney University v Gordon
Randwick v Warringah
Eastwood v Southern Districts

Last Week - Round 18 26/07/14
Gordon v Southern Districts
Manly v West Harbour
Northern Suburbs v Randwick
Penrith v Parramatta
Sydney University v Eastern Suburbs
Warringah v Eastwood

Some challenges there for the leading clubs and potential for the Order of Merit to change for the top three.

CC is as close as it's been for years, have to really turn up with boots and attitudes through all 7 teams.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Nearly picked it.

Cracking game to watch.

Quote of the week:
Referee to Matt Lucas when he complained about Rats kicking the ball away after being penalised : "Well, why don't you get it then?"
I watched the game on TV in a jet-lagged state. Looked like the Marlins might have been on the plane with me:). Played well in patches but were pretty ordinary at other times. Warringah too good and thoroughly deserved the win - close to the try of the season from that scrum on their own line.

Ian Smith has been my favourite ref for a couple of years now - seems to get all the important decisions right and lets the game flow well. Any more laid back and he'd be asleep. I almost fell off the lounge laughing when I heard the above comment.:)

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
What a great game that Warringah v Manly clash was. Great crowd too and fantastic to see so many people watching club footy.

I have to say that if that second try to Michael Adams isn't try of the season I'll eat my bloody hat. That showed some real courage but it's what we've come to expect from the Rats this year. Great stuff.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
I'd like to applaud the effort of the referee in the 4th grade Wicks v Gordon game. Gordon could only muster 12 players (the Wicks lent them a couple so there could be a game) and they were clearly outgunned in all departments with a couple of grey heads making up the numbers. The referee could have turned the game into a penalty-a-thon but I thought he cut the Gordon guys a lot of slack and at least allowed them to have a go. Well done Richard Manchee!

Also well done to the Gordon team for the effort and to the Wicks players who volunteered to help them out.

That's what club rugby is all about in the lower grades and here's hoping the "progressives" don't win the argument about dropping any more of the lower grades :D

T

turnovertwopasses

We just kept cheering and yelling "Go you good thing!" A super contest which was summed up by Holmes' desperation in that try. Rats were more up for it . Bring on the rest of the Shute Shield. Bring on more of the little guys sticking it to the top tier sides. Go you good thing !

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
I would also l Ike add, that I attended the after match function,

I was impressed with the amount of Sydney Uni players that were present.

We all bag the corporation most of the time.

Though this time I have nothing but positives to say ,,

was good to chat to some of you.

Thanks guys

Not all, some.

Apart from that, I'll pay the crest of your post.

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
I'd like to applaud the effort of the referee in the 4th grade Wicks v Gordon game. Gordon could only muster 12 players (the Wicks lent them a couple so there could be a game) and they were clearly outgunned in all departments with a couple of grey heads making up the numbers. The referee could have turned the game into a penalty-a-thon but I thought he cut the Gordon guys a lot of slack and at least allowed them to have a go. Well done Richard Manchee!

Also well done to the Gordon team for the effort and to the Wicks players who volunteered to help them out.

That's what club rugby is all about in the lower grades and here's hoping the "progressives" don't win the argument about dropping any more of the lower grades :D

Was a good effort all round.

I dropped into the Wicks change room after the game with a carton and had a couple of beers with the Randwick Team.
Our 3rd and 4th grade teams have been ravaged by 7 massive injuries (colar bones, fibias, concussions etc) the last 4 or 5 weeks and it was great form from Randwick and if we were in the same position would have returned the favour. We scraped the required 12 together - but the Randwick guys who came across to play did their club proud.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Was a good effort all round.

I dropped into the Wicks change room after the game with a carton and had a couple of beers with the Randwick Team.
Our 3rd and 4th grade teams have been ravaged by 7 massive injuries (colar bones, fibias, concussions etc) the last 4 or 5 weeks and it was great form from Randwick and if we were in the same position would have returned the favour. We scraped the required 12 together - but the Randwick guys who came across to play did their club proud.

Special mention to the veteran Big Show who played the 1st half for the Wicks and 2nd half for Gordon. Great rugby man :)

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
He has been on fire lately.
He is on the ball all day and his constant pressure forces a lot of mistakes.
The backs are getting all the kudos,but it's the piggies that are winning these games.
Who would ever have thought the Rats would have 60% of the ball against Manly.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
<snip> What I don't get is the selection of the same players every week despite weak performances.
Do the coaches know what they're doing? Did Bakewell leave because he could see the writing on the wall?
Why is there the same 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 every week? Or the same 9?
I'm trying to work out whether Hugh Jarse's stats support what I've just said about Easts.
My impression is that the forward pack has not changed much, but there have been changes in the backs.

Easts "Player Stability" to Round 16 (Run On Squad numbers only)

1. LHP - 4 used. Brodie (2 games), Chapman (10), Fullgrabe (3), McMullen (1)
2. Hooker - 3 used. Johnston (11), Lam (4), Moore (1)
3. THP - 2 used. Brodie (7),Fakava (9)
4. Left Lock - 1 used. Passmore (16)
5. Right Lock - 2 used. Mathers (11), Stanford 5)
6. OSF - 5 used. Elsom (1), Lam (1), Mackay (3), Stanford (10), Chapman (1)
7. BSF - 5 used. Chapman (1), Graham (2), Gray (4), Lam (3), Willis (6)
8. No 8 - 5 used. Gray (3), Lam (1), Stitcher (3), Vaingalo (5), Willis (4)
9. Half - 4 used. Irwin (6), McKibbin (2), Shapland (7), Duchesne (1)
10. Flyhalf - 4 used. Etrich (2), Hudson (9), King (1), Windsor (2)
11. Left Wing - 5 used. Anderson (8), Gallagher (3), La Vin (1), Paterson (1), Percival (3)
12. Inside Centre - 8 used. Fay (5), Gray (1), La Vin (3), Lance (2), Masima (1), Raftos (1), Sinclair (1). King (2)
13. Outside Centre - 5 used. Anderson (3), Gallagher (3), La Vin (8), Tuatara-Morrison (1), Armour(1)
14. Right Wing - 4 used. Anderson (1), La Vin (3), Paterson (10), Percival (2)
15. Fullback - 5 used. Etrich (6), Gallagher (3), Paterson (2), Raftos (3), Pervical (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.