• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

turnovertwopasses

The replacement for Phil Blake will be interesting. Also be keen to see where else changes will occur...

Rugby Is My Life

Herbert Moran (7)
Or are Easts problems partially due to their coach's departure after a few rounds?
Is my memory failing me or is this not the second time Bakewell has left mid-season?

Easts lost several key players (Taumoepeau, Shaw & McMickan) to retirement as well as a truckload of players to injury or other SS clubs/overseas - a lack of recruitment didn't help either.

I think it's fair to say Bakewell saw his career flash before his eyes and got out ASAP.

T

turnovertwopasses

Treweek back Beatbox. Why has he been in the reggies for a large part of the year? Seems a waste

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Treweek back Beatbox. Why has he been in the reggies for a large part of the year? Seems a waste

Both great 15's, IMO Treweek had a huge start to the year and was chiming into the back line plays creating space and options.
BJ is also playing some of his best rugby as well at the moment so yeah selection enjoyment.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Knuckles what are you hearing?

I'm hearing Manly won't be the only club North of the bridge to have a head coach change next year.

Also good mail that Joe Barakat is returning to Sydney at the completion of the next Japanese season in February. Souths and Wests favourites to nab him.

Bomber Harris

Chris McKivat (8)
I'm hearing Manly won't be the only club North of the bridge to have a head coach change next year.

Also good mail that Joe Barakat is returning to Sydney at the completion of the next Japanese season in February. Souths and Wests favourites to nab him.
I'll back changes at 3 north side clubs .

Bomber Harris

Chris McKivat (8)
Both great 15's, IMO Treweek had a huge start to the year and was chiming into the back line plays creating space and options.
BJ is also playing some of his best rugby as well at the moment so yeah selection enjoyment.
Agree with DB - selection on merit . Treweek seemed to stop hitting the line with conviction and a few defence lapses . BJ very unlucky in my view. MMM's have similar luxuries at 9 and 10.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)

I believe Matt Barr and Jim Williams will be at Souths next year

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tips for the weekend:

Parramatta v Sydney University. The Corporation heading west for a super Saturday. They will need to tighten their defence, but should win by 15 - 20.

Southern Districts v Northern Suburbs. Hobbits easily by 15-20 at their spiritual home.

West Harbour v Eastern Suburbs. Beasties have been all over the show like the Red Frogs Crew during Schoolies Week down at the coast. Pirates have also been a bit wayward but on the back of their performance last week against the M2B, the momentum is with them. Pirates by <10.

Warringah v Manly. Time for the Rats to get their season back on track. Match of the round, and the Marlins should win comfortably, but at home in front of a full Rat Park, I'm going the underdogs to sneak home by <5.

Randwick v Gordon. Can the Wicks be any worse than last week. A must win from the Gallopers, but they have lacked that je ne sais quoi to land the killer blow to put teams away. Gay Gordons are dancing their way up the ladder with some new found form and confidence. The GG by <5.

Eastwood v Penrith. Woodies by as much as they want. >25.

paul martin

Ted Fahey (11)
"A few defence lapses"!! Bomber in the SS there is at least 500 defence lapses every weekend!!! I've always thought Treweek was a better 10 than a 15.

paul martin

Ted Fahey (11)
How do you get a formline for Easts v Wests? Wests beat Gordon comfortably. Easts beat Wests easily,at least for the first half. Then Gordon put 40 points on Easts in a half last week. WTF? Who would bet on this stuff???

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)

Another name to this mix - Jacob Woodhouse has enjoyed good form in recent seasons at 15 too. Currently named as 13 in 2nds.
Quite a selection nightmare.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
20 minutes to go. Rats up 31 to 20 after Adams scores on the end of a great team try (albeit with a hint of a forward pass - might just be the camera angle).

Crowd called at 4000. Stand looks chocker and NE hill is well populated.

Status
Not open for further replies.