• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Kane Douglas said he can't play for Souths because he only played 1 game. I think you need min. 2 matches. McCutcheon and Tilse have played 2+ I think. Skelton none? Betham 1? Ryan 1? Latu 2?

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Kane Douglas said he can't play for Souths because he only played 1 game. I think you need min. 2 matches. McCutcheon and Tilse have played 2+ I think. Skelton none? Betham 1? Ryan 1? Latu 2?

I think he actually said on the ABC game that he wasn't sure whether he qualified. The qualification rules state he doesn't have to have played any games this year as long as he was on rep duty (in Australia) and has been registered with Southern for this year and last year.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
The only player that might not be available on GF day is Skelton as he is the only one likely to be in the game day 23 for the Bledisoe

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Had a quick look at last weeks Uni side.
They fielded 75 points,granted Angus Roberts will free up more points as he is injured.
But they are limited to how many they can add to the run on team.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
They fielded 75 points,granted Angus Roberts will free up more points as he is injured.

The teams are on the NSWRU website.
Tilse and McCutcheon are in for Uni, with Hodge at fullback.
Douglas named for Southern, but it's Jake not Kane!

Ben Batger and Grant out for Eastwood, Hingano and Woodhouse in for Manly.

The benches might be interesting.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)

Roberts = 13 points
Tilse = 8 points
McCutcheon = 8 points
So they're still well under the 100 points.
Due to the vagaries of the rules they could also run a couple of high pointers on for 2 minutes in 3rd grade to qualify them as non-fresh reserves and therefore no points for 1st grade. Most clubs have done it at one time or another.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So I think the min. 2 games rule applies or else Kane and Paddy Ryan would be playing.

Tim Metcher and John Grant are huge blows respectively.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
So I think the min. 2 games rule applies or else Kane and Paddy Ryan would be playing.

Tim Metcher and John Grant are huge blows respectively.

IMO it is not the 2 game rule. I believe it would be a injury/rest issue and they haven't been cleared by the Tahs.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Do you think it's just a case that the core Tahs players who played all season are happy enough not playing?

Based on the rules it looks like they could all play or at the very worst apply to NSWRU to play.

Benn Robinson, Kane Douglas, Paddy Ryan could all be playing this weekend if they wanted to presumably.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
The teams are on the NSWRU website.
Tilse and McCutcheon are in for Uni, with Hodge at fullback.
Douglas named for Southern, but it's Jake not Kane!

Ben Batger and Grant out for Eastwood, Hingano and Woodhouse in for Manly.

The benches might be interesting.
I reckon Blake has got the centres the wrong way around,particularly with the 10 he is sticking with.
They would be much better with Milroy at 10 IMO.
15 continues to be a problem spot for them.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I really doubt they'd deny Kane Douglas due to a workload issue??? What's in it for them? They don't need his services and Souths would love him and he said himself he wants to play and especially because he's going overseas. Would've been great to see him in the locks with his brother.

Even though he's in Wallabies camp considering he's pretty much no chance to be in the Bledisloe 23 why isn't Latu playing then too? Link has shown plenty of times he wants players playing in the Shute Shield if they're not in the 23. I think there's clearly some kind of restrictions. Not one player has been named that hasn't played at least 2 games.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Apparently he was there on Sunday with Jacques Potgieter.

I really hope he does come back to the Tahs one day. He said he'd love to.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
I really doubt they'd deny Kane Douglas due to a workload issue??? What's in it for them? They don't need his services and Souths would love him and he said himself he wants to play and especially because he's going overseas. Would've been great to see him in the locks with his brother.

Even though he's in Wallabies camp considering he's pretty much no chance to be in the Bledisloe 23 why isn't Latu playing then too? Link has shown plenty of times he wants players playing in the Shute Shield if they're not in the 23. I think there's clearly some kind of restrictions. Not one player has been named that hasn't played at least 2 games.

I just have this feeling that it is formulaic based on number of minutes played or likely number of minutes / games played once NRC is added. It could also be that there is a shadow Wallabies squad. If Cam Treloar was eligible, I can't see how Kane Douglas couldn't be.

I would hope that the Waratahs would still have his best interests in mind 4 days after helping them win the comp despite him not re-signing for next year. He is still under contract and I am sure there are agreed contract and/or RUPA conditions re rest periods.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Kane Douglas is going overseas next year and it may be part of his contract that once Super Rugby finished he can't play SS. As for those players in the Wallaby training group they may not be released this week as the game day 23 is not yet chosen. Once this is done early next week they may be released for the GF on the same day as the first Bledisoe. All will be known next week

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I reckon Blake has got the centres the wrong way around,particularly with the 10 he is sticking with.
They would be much better with Milroy at 10 IMO.
15 continues to be a problem spot for them.

I like the idea of Mali at 12, and Sef has spent considerable time in 13 this year.

Just hope the Woodies stay onside this year instead of living in our back line waiting for intercepts.

Status
Not open for further replies.