• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I have only seen him play a couple of times, on the box, and he looks like a very neat, well organised, complete five-eighth, in the old style. Sort of a Phil Hawthorne type.
I think he plays too deep.
If he goes on to do anything in the game,I believe it will be more likely as a 12.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Uni were pretty scrappy but they are very fit. They have only played two trials this season which was rather odd but they will eventually get the machine rolling come mid season.

Bomber Harris

Chris McKivat (8)
Tummy always cops heaps, and gives it to, and in some cases I think both sides enjoy the banter. He is loyal though and also leaves it on the pitch, and it is fair to say that earns him a lot of respect.

I'm sure people know when it goes to far though, don't take it there as the game is bigger than that.
Suspect TC will have a few more mates at Manly Oval this year . We love a battler....;)

howyagoin

Ted Fahey (11)
In regards to the Harvey stuff... Club president has dealt with the lone offender & Harvey has been spoken to by a number of the players. No one knows exactly what happened

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
In regards to the Harvey stuff. Club president has dealt with the lone offender & Harvey has been spoken to by a number of the players. No one knows exactly what happened
Well clearly at least 3 people do, but if it has been dealt with appropriately then credit to Warringah management for getting onto it quickly. Personally, I am never sure just what is appropriate action in such circumstances.

Backrow

Allen Oxlade (6)
I have met TC off the field a number of times. He loves the banter but is like people said, a very likable character off the field. His after match speech antics are great.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I think The Tahs needs to appoint some bookmakers to their recruitment panel.
On Saturday West Harbour had a backline of Harvey,Sidey & 2 Tah A wingers,against a no name Rats backline.
Bookies had Rats 1.58.
No name backline tore the Pirates a new one.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
La La did about 6 things (three good hits and three good runs). The rest of the time he walks around the field. Should play him in the tight five and force him to work throughout the game. I thought the Randwick back row were superior to Easts. Higher work rate and more pressure a the breakdown. Easts front row is not up to scratch in the scrums. The Randwick number 15 had a great game.

Did I read somewhere that LaLa was training as a hooker with Gen Blue?

Bomber Harris

Chris McKivat (8)
I think The Tahs needs to appoint some bookmakers to their recruitment panel.
On Saturday West Harbour had a backline of Harvey,Sidey & 2 Tah A wingers,against a no name Rats backline.
Bookies had Rats 1.58.
No name backline tore the Pirates a new one.

A good team always beats a team of individuals......

Any sledging of the type allegedly directed at Harvey is unacceptable. The way to deal with it is to ban the offender/s if they can be identified. Unfortunately the Rats have had to deal with a few unfortunate incidents in recent years - spectators jumping into a fight (v Gordon?) a couple of years ago . As I recall the Rats management dealt with that quickly and decisively too and it is the only way

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
A good team always beats a team of individuals..

Any sledging of the type allegedly directed at Harvey is unacceptable. The way to deal with it is to ban the offender/s if they can be identified. Unfortunately the Rats have had to deal with a few unfortunate incidents in recent years - spectators jumping into a fight (v Gordon?) a couple of years ago . As I recall the Rats management dealt with that quickly and decisively too and it is the only way

and the streaker in the derby last year, just to show the beaches are about a joke as well.

Baggy Jersey

Bob McCowan (2)
Agreed, just as Manly had to deal with the idiot with the megaphone on the hill a few years back. Everybody has 'em unfortunately.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Agreed, just as Manly had to deal with the idiot with the megaphone on the hill a few years back. Everybody has 'em unfortunately.

Can all be good so long as the boundries aren't crossed. Aren't we lucky Sir Richard Haddlee didn't have a twitter account.

Status
Not open for further replies.