• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
I played for a number of clubs years ago, yet support no team. I see myself as a custodian and voice for the game.
I stuck with one club... Through thick and thin.
As are my lads. Try loyalty sometimes rather than voice.

Trust me, it works. The man, not the player, will always rise above, mon ami triste illusion...

HeadTape

Bob McCowan (2)
Things getting a bit heated in here!

Hope it doesn't turn into that Gordon-Warringah elimination final from 2009...

T

turnovertwopasses

I'm calling for calm...
Hope all clubs are put through their paces tonight and prepare well for the weekend. Good luck to all teams.

Bomber Harris

Chris McKivat (8)
I stuck with one club. Through thick and thin.
As are my lads. Try loyalty sometimes rather than voice.

Trust me, it works. The man, not the player, will always rise above, mon ami triste illusion.
I remember the line " Brian Westlake has soft hands" I'm sure you were a deft number 10

One club is an ideal few can maintain in the global city that is Sydney sad though it is

itchybrother

Bob McCowan (2)
Your thoughts on this weekends games?

Manly V Randwick @ Manly Oval 3:00pm
Northern Suburbs V Penrith@ North Sydney Oval 3:00pm
Warringah V Southern Districts @ Pittwater Rugby Park 3:00pm
West Harbour V Parramatta @ Concord Oval 3:00pm
Gordon V Eastern Suburbs @ Chatswood Oval 3:00pm
Sydney University V Eastwood @ University Oval 3:10pm

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
My tips for the round:

Manly V Randwick. MMM will be hurting after last week. Look out Wicks. Bergelin has not tasted meat for a week or two. He will be hungry. MMM by 20+.

Northern Suburbs V Penrith. This will be the game for the Emus to get off the bottom of the ladder. Shoremen haven't been consistent enough and I reckon the Riff fancy their chances. Emu by <10.
Warringah V Southern Districts. Rats at home, even without L Holmes, will still be too good for the Hobbits who seem to be struggling with injuries. Rats by 10 - 15.​

West Harbour V Parramatta. M2B will be looking to resurrect their finals challenge. Expect lots of tries but Mighty 2 Blues to get up by <9. Bonus points all round.​

Gordon V Eastern Suburbs. Could go either way. Both teams very inconsistent but the tea leaves say Beasties by <5.​

Sydney University V Eastwood. The Corporation are focused on the business end of the season and will see this match as one that sets the tone for the run home. Woodies don't get the tip from me because they let me down last week with my prediction of a cricket score. It's payback time. The Camperdown Corporation by 10.​

itchybrother

Bob McCowan (2)
"Sydney University V Eastwood. The Corporation are focused on the business end of the season and will see this match as one that sets the tone for the run home. Woodies don't get the tip from me because they let me down last week with my prediction of a cricket score. It's payback time. The Camperdown Corporation by 10."

This should be a great game in the forwards & backs.

Tom Carter & Ingate out and young Jim Stewart and James McMahon are back in vs the experience of the Woodies backs.

Definitely a game of the round.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
^^^^ That's what I said last week, and the bloody Woodies let me down. The young kids stood up in defence.

The Granddad of the Wicks back line last week was all of 23 years old. 2 kids were straight out of school.

The Wicks will be a bit short handed today. I also fear it will be ugly. Back at close to full strength, they will give cheek.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
The Wicks will be a bit short handed today. I also fear it will be ugly. Back at close to full strength, they will give cheek.
Trying to claim the under dog tag, wicks are floating around in all 4 grades.

Manly will need to bring their boots and okay rugby from the start.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Never had a double digit on my back Bomber!!!!
Iron gloves Westlake. Thats me. But thank you Sir :)
still backed them but not confident.

querty clearly not big fan of the wicks????? guessing he has been on the back end of some floggings in the past, dont be sour mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.