• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Teams for Club Championship tomorrow:

Woodies
1 Guy Millar
2 Sam Needs
3 Rob Lagudi
4 Tom Alexander
5 George Kent
6 Jackson Larkin
7 Hugh Perrett
8 Pat Sio
9 Mick Snowden
10 Jai Ayoub
11 John Grant
12 Blake Sutton
13 Tom Hill
14 Ben Shorter
15 Ben Batger

Reserves
16 Tannous Ferris
17 Jed Gillespie
18 Dylan Brass
19 Jared Barry
20 Jordan Goddard
21 Max Page
22 Sioni Kupu
23 Ben Coady

Queensland Uni
UQ team for the weekend:

1. Pat Fepuleai
2. Tonga Ma'afu
3. Campbell Wakely
4. Jay Adkins
5. Sam Reiser
6. Jack Cornelsen
7. Conor Mitchell (c)
8. Jack De Guingand
9. Will Thompson
10. Ed Gibson
11. Gareth Kalell
12. Steve O'Leary
13. Ben Cullen
14. Fraser Hess
15. Mac Burgess
16. Matt Randell
17. Ozzy Ozzy Vaiomanu
18. Hamish Richardson
19. Tom Vaessen
20. Tom Perkins
21. Patrick Morrey
22. Thomas Marcellesi
23. Brandon Murray

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
If recent protocols are observed this season, they'd probably be released to play club footy in VRU or ACTRU premier grade games to support the development of the local competition.

Not sure that the VRU have a game on this weekend that would be suitably challenging.

MMM will have to rely on their non-professional players for their tilt at the 2015 Shute Shield.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
Gone now I believe.
Thanks. Wow. That's big. They played some great rugby last year. I hope they can keep it going with whoever gets the gig.
(suggestions on another thread, from people north of the Tweed, might indicate that Richard Graham could be looking for a job soon. Someone said about 8 weeks. Can the Rats wait that long?);)

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
I am getting a bit excited about the Shute Shield coming up soon.
2 thoughts.
I am very disappointed for Penrith that they have lost the Mckenzie brothers, and others apparently. Poor old Emus keep getting back up - but you can only take so many knocks.
Can anyone tell me if there is any broadcast of Shute Shield this year?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Thanks. Wow. That's big. They played some great rugby last year. I hope they can keep it going with whoever gets the gig.
(suggestions on another thread, from people north of the Tweed, might indicate that Richard Graham could be looking for a job soon. Someone said about 8 weeks. Can the Rats wait that long?);)
I don't think its a big deal if Lipman is still there.
I think he was a major part in the pigs much improved performance last year.

The way the Reds are going,the Newport U10's c team wouldn't wait 8 weeks for Richard Graham.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I am getting a bit excited about the Shute Shield coming up soon.
2 thoughts.
I am very disappointed for Penrith that they have lost the Mckenzie brothers, and others apparently. Poor old Emus keep getting back up - but you can only take so many knocks.
Can anyone tell me if there is any broadcast of Shute Shield this year?

Not on FTA, according to the best informed sources.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
As Sir Humphrey Appelby would say, there are some courageous tipsters out there. Either that or they have access to team and squad list information that I don't have.

Myself, I think I'll wait to see who is playing with what club, and who the coaches are.

I have heard some rather interesting gossip on player movements, and imports, that if true may cause a major rethink about the likely table positions at seasons end.
Agree. I have heard a number of rumors also, which ,if true,might cause a rethink of some of the above predictions.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Anything would be better than nothing, Dave.

It would be better still if we could see the best games from all the major club comps, particularly in Brisbane!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Early report from the Club Championship game at TG Milner. Close game by the score line.

Uni goes down to Eastwood 21-20.
Uni score after the bell and have a conversion to win it 10 meters to the side of the post to win the game. He missed.
3 tries a piece
Considering it was both sides first hit out for the year it was played at a tremendous pace and pretty good standard.
Eastwood were massive across the board and I had at least 5 years on most uni players.
Uni had 10 players make their club premier debut and every one really stood up.
Should be a good year for the heavies if they can produce that effort week in week out

Status
Not open for further replies.