• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I actually heard a whisper that it was 10s digital channel - that is consistent with the latest ARU announcement about the extended Broadcast rights and Channel 10 having an involvement in that. Either way, just hope we get it on the box.

I think that's what I was told late last year - a lot of ETOH under the bridge since then

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I may have added the live with youthful exuberance but he definitely said 7 mate - if its not live then its useless, imo

So it would be better not to have the SS broadcast on delay, if that is the only option?

Really? Please share your logic. I have been watching the replays happily for a couple of seasons, and it is a lot better than the previous situation, which was that there was no live telecast and no repeat for those of us outside NSW, nothing at all.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I always watch it on delay, as I go to the games - makes for great breakfast viewing Sunday.

If it is going with 7 mate, or a similar FTA second station I hope FTA take advantage of the opportunity and do a good documentary on it so people become aware that it's going to be broadcast.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
We all need to keep reminding ourselves that the SS is a Sydney competition that has never been telecast live outside NSW and the ACT.

Until a couple of years ago we who live beyond the pale saw no SS at all.

A delayed telecast is surely the best that could be hoped for.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
A delayed telecast is surely the best that could be hoped for.

I'd prefer to hope for live FTA, play a game Fri night, Sat arvo, Sat night and Sunday and have them all FTA.

If I get just Saturday arvo out of hoping sweeeeeeeet, my hoping will get it for the punters who cant get to the game - as I'll watch it Sunday morning

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Should be a good read for anyone who enjoys rugby

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.