• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Penalty try to Eastwood. Very strange as the scrum hadn't collapsed and was still moving about 1/2 metre from try line and he blew a penalty try just as Eastwood were about to score. Manly had possibly infringed in the scrum but they weren't going to prevent a try being scored. No impact as was near the posts and Eastwood would have converted anyway. Worrying when a referee who does super matches doesn't know the laws.

A penalty try must be awarded if the offence a prevents try that would probably otherwise have been scored.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Eastwood 23-9 and hard on attack. Manly hanging on by their fingernails. I have a horrible feeling that the floodgates are about to burst and Eastwood are going to run away with this.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Penalty try to Manly for a deliberate knock on 2m out from tryline. Both teams now have a player in the bin 30-16 to Eastwood.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Always going to happen. Marlins haven't looked that good since Ale went down, lost a couple more. Woodies coming off a loss and got Roach and Gillespie back. Revenge for last time.

Woodies still the benchmark.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Foundations laid in the engine room, big boys winning the battle and the team taking the game. Well played Woodies.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Foundations laid in the engine room, big boys winning the battle and the team taking the game. Well played Woodies.

Where was Porecki, Dave? Might have made a lot of difference.

Pat Sio's last game, I doubt we can win this year without him.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Where was Porecki, Dave? Might have made a lot of difference.

Pat Sio's last game, I doubt we can win this year without him.

Porecki has got a gig at Saracens, well done to the lad, hard work pays off.
Pat heading offshore to? I cant believe the Tahs didn't sign him with Cliffy moving on.
Think today's game was a good game to have.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Too many players out today against a high quality Eastwood team. We'll get a couple of players back in the next couple of weeks, but unless there is a marked improvement at scrum and lineout time we'll only be making up the numbers in finals.

I realise it is all dependent on money, but the English and French clubs seem to have a higher opinion about Shute Shield than either ARU/NSWRU. As good as the NRC is, rugby in Australia needs SS as it's development ground for young players. It should be a priority to find mind to pay our best young guys to participate - NRL 20s are also signing promising rugby guys.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Penalty try to Eastwood. Very strange as the scrum hadn't collapsed and was still moving about 1/2 metre from try line and he blew a penalty try just as Eastwood were about to score. Manly had possibly infringed in the scrum but they weren't going to prevent a try being scored. No impact as was near the posts and Eastwood would have converted anyway. Worrying when a referee who does super matches doesn't know the laws.

A penalty try must be awarded if the offence a prevents try that would probably otherwise have been scored.

I just watched the replay of this scrum. Manly infringed by standing up and unbinding from the scrum. At this point, the scrum is over and can no longer continue. Therefore the referee has to stop the scrum and award a penalty for the infringement. In this case, it prevented a probable try. Therefore penalty try was the correct decision.

Clearly you don't like Andrew Lees as a referee and that's your opinion but I am not sure that you need to tell us over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.