• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
The channel 7 podcast seems a bit more 'produced' but the camera work quality seems not quite as good as the ABC - but hey if it gets decent ratings and sponsors and channel 7 are happy then all good so far.

T

TOCC

TOCC, if you listen to the podcast I just posted the link too it is on seven digital meaning it is available nationally.

Funnily enough my house can't get FTA but we have Foxtel... The antennae is currently broken and I only have FoxtelGo.. So If it's not online or on foxtelI can't watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 1 Results

Shute Shield - First Grade
Eastern Suburbs 10 Gordon 19
Eastwood 53 Randwick 13
Warringah 24 Southern Districts 26
Penrith 5 Sydney University 62
Parramatta 20 Manly 54
West Harbour 7 Northern Suburbs 32

Colin Caird Shield - Second Grade
Eastern Suburbs 34 Gordon 19
Eastwood 20 Randwick 17
Warringah 23 Southern Districts 17
Penrith 14 Sydney University 79
Parramatta 11 Manly 13
West Harbour 37 Northern Suburbs 29

Henderson Shield - Third Grade
Eastern Suburbs 35 Gordon 17
Eastwood 41 Randwick 10
Warringah 33 Southern Districts 5
Penrith 5 Sydney University 61
Parramatta 7 Manly 31
West Harbour 6 Northern Suburbs 8

Henderson Cup - Fourth Grade
Eastern Suburbs 32 Gordon 0
Eastwood 22 Randwick 10
Warringah 17 Southern Districts 36
Penrith 0 Sydney University 66
Parramatta 5 Manly 39
West Harbour 24 Northern Suburbs 29

Round 2 Games - 28 March
Gordon v Eastwood
Northern Suburbs v Warringah
Manly v Penrith
Randwick v West Harbour
Southern DIstricts v Parramatta
Sydney University v Eastern Suburbs

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The channel 7 podcast seems a bit more 'produced' but the camera work quality seems not quite as good as the ABC - but hey if it gets decent ratings and sponsors and channel 7 are happy then all good so far.

Caught a few minutes of it today - commentary and camera work need polish. OB director and his guns should watch a bit of Super Rugby and have a chat to the ABC guys

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I thought the camera quality was poor, as bad if not worse than ABC so maybe the same equipment? I was hoping with a big network the quality would increase.

Way too many long view shots.

The ads will take some getting used to!

I miss Papworth and co. commentating, it just doesn't feel right without them.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I thought the camera quality was poor, as bad if not worse than ABC so maybe the same equipment? I was hoping with a big network the quality would increase.

The ads will take some getting used to!

The ads didn't bother me too much. The panning to the wide screen at times where you wanted a closer view was the big issue.

T

TOCC

Yes it's produced by Club Rugby TV but I would have thought channel 7 would have minimum requirements on the quality of content(image quality not game) to be broadcast on their channel

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I was at the game and I don't think it actually arose during the game but does anyone know if they are able to review play to make rulings in the Shute this year? i.e. is there a TMO?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Yes it's produced by Club Rugby TV but I would have thought channel 7 would have minimum requirements on the quality of content(image quality not game) to be broadcast on their channel

Probably the best way of assessing, round 1 was club rugby tv level, but that is a level better than no level.
Sound work / system needs improvement.

Rookie presenters as well.

CarlUnger

Chris McKivat (8)
I did miss simple things like an intro package, replays, good graphics, theme music, sound quality, papworth, results from other matches displayed at the end etc but I'm sure it'll improve in time, I still think overall they did a decent job and I'm really happy they are showing live shute shield on tv, so thanks to all those involved because it would have been a real let down to go a year without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.