• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Rats home 11-7.

Not many players left on the field. Sounds like an ugly match.
Not as ugly as you would expect with 4 reds & 2 yellows.

The parra boys will be spitting chips tonight,they were 1 behind most of the 2nd half,until Rats kicked a penalty on the death.
Parra missed a few penalty goals that would have given them the lead & momentum.

Surprised the Ref didn't sing the team song with the rats at the end.
He was their best by a significant margin for the day.

Rats missing Josh Holmes enormously,and theirmidfield continued their poor form this year.Changes are long overdue.

BAZinga

Stan Wickham (3)
Apart from the Reds cards (Which looked like the linesman only saw the parra players hit back and not the rats player hit first), Parra were brilliant.

Their defence was sensational and, with 12 players, they looked more likely to win, and they should have. They missed 2 pens to win the game and rats went and scored a pen to take it home. But parra, i have to say - hats off to you. And if you're a rats coach, you'd be fuming with that performance.

Rats won the game so well done, but boy oh boy, they didnt look like they wanted it.

Parra are close to taking some wins.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 4 Results

Shute Shield - First Grade
Northern Suburbs 20 Eastwood 23
Manly 29 Sydney University 43
Parramatta 7 Warringah 11
Penrith 0 Randwick 71
Southern Districts 27 Eastern Suburbs 28
West Harbour 28 Gordon 21

Colin Caird Shield - Second Grade
Northern Suburbs 15 Eastwood 23
Manly 36 Sydney University 34
Parramatta 12 Warringah 34
Penrith 0 Randwick 50
Southern Districts 19 Eastern Suburbs 24
West Harbour 14 Gordon 41

JR Henderson Shield - Third Grade
Northern Suburbs 17 Eastwood 41
Manly 12 Sydney University 40
Parramatta 19 Warringah 29
Penrith 5 Randwick 78
Southern Districts 23 Eastern Suburbs 45
West Harbour 29 Gordon 12

Henderson Cup - Fourth Grade
Northern Suburbs 23 Eastwood 15
Manly 12 Sydney University 41
Parramatta 21 Warringah 25
Penrith 0 Randwick 64
Southern Districts 18 Eastern Suburbs 28
West Harbour 20 Gordon 12

Round 5 Games - 16 April
Eastern Suburbs v Parramatta
Gordon v Warringah
Manly v Penrith
Randwick v Eastwood
Southern Districts v Northern Suburbs
Sydney University v West Harbour

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2016 Gregor George Cup (Club Championship) Watch:

There are a maximum of 215 points available to a club each week, based on all 7 club teams winning with a 4 try BP and the target to win is >3000 points which was achieved by 3 clubs in 2014 and the 2015 winner was on 2905 points. In 2014 the difference between 1st and 2nd was only 33 points, with 3rd only 52 points further back. In 2015 there was only 49 points between 1st and 2nd, with 3rd place 113 points further back.

Sydney University, 714 points
Randwick, 713 points
Eastwood, 642 points
Eastern Suburbs, 581 points (up 2)
Southern Districts, 502 points (down 1)
Manly, 486 points (down 1)
Warringah, 469 points (up 1)
Gordon, 400 points (up 1)
Northern Suburbs, 397 points (down 2)
West Harbour, 272 points (up 1)
Parramatta, 239 points (down 1)
Penrith, 21 points

How the Club Championship table is calculated.
The competition points from the individual competitions are multiplied by the following factors and then added together.
First Grade - 15
Second Grade - 8
Third Grade - 5
Fourth Grade - 4
Colts 1 - 6
Colts 2 - 3
Colts 3 - 2

The 49 point difference between Gold and Silver in 2015 could have been made up from an extra 3 BP in Shute Shield and an extra BP in 4th Grade, or an extra victory with a BP in 2nd Grade and an extra BP in Colts 1 and Colts 2.

http://rugby.fusesport.com/rugby/results/external/summaryladder.asp?ladder=1167&OrgID=010100

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
TBF, I think the idea is that every club will have its time in the sun. Next week, West Harbour and Penriff.

Great to see.

No game next weekend, horse racing instead.
West Harbour v Emus is on 23/4.
A pity they chose this week to give some exposure to other teams instead of either Wicks v Manly or Eastwood v Southern.

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
Not as ugly as you would expect with 4 reds & 2 yellows.

The parra boys will be spitting chips tonight,they were 1 behind most of the 2nd half,until Rats kicked a penalty on the death.
Parra missed a few penalty goals that would have given them the lead & momentum.

Surprised the Ref didn't sing the team song with the rats at the end.
He was their best by a significant margin for the day.

Rats missing Josh Holmes enormously,and theirmidfield continued their poor form this year.Changes are long overdue.

I agree with our comment on the Ref , that was some really poor refereeing.

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
Apart from the Reds cards (Which looked like the linesman only saw the parra players hit back and not the rats player hit first), Parra were brilliant.

Their defence was sensational and, with 12 players, they looked more likely to win, and they should have. They missed 2 pens to win the game and rats went and scored a pen to take it home. But parra, i have to say - hats off to you. And if you're a rats coach, you'd be fuming with that performance.

Rats won the game so well done, but boy oh boy, they didnt look like they wanted it.

Parra are close to taking some wins.

We were even down to 11 players at one stage. Due to a yellow card.

The boys defence was outstanding. Really impressed with players that were left on the field.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
A pity they chose this week to give some exposure to other teams instead of either Wicks v Manly or Eastwood v Southern.
It's only a pity if you are of the opinion that "the other teams" don't deserve some exposure on T.V. After 4 rounds Eastwood have already appeared on 3,Uni. on 2, & one each to Randwick,Easts & Norths.
Obviously as the season progresses it's highly likely that the more successful teams will appear more often ,& the less successful less often if at all.There will almost always be more than one attractive game each week,but don't you think Penrith & to lesser extent West Harbour, should be on in the early part of the season when they are not too far behind the leaders,& if not when do you think they should be on, or should we see the same predictable group of teams every week ?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

On balance, I am happy to see all the teams have their day in the spotlight. And I speak as an Eastwood supporter who would love to watch this contest. If we still lived near enough, we would be there.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What was the go with all the cards at M2B v Rats?

Was it a mean spirited match with several "incidents" or just a stack of cards from one discussion about Handbags involving a large number of players?

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)

Was it a mean spirited match with several "incidents" or just a stack of cards from one discussion about Handbags involving a large number of players?

Game started off well , and then blew up.
There were a couple of large incidents , the boys were definatley doing more than discussing handbags.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

The 11-7 (which was apparently 8-7 for most of the 2nd half) scoreline would indicate that there wasn't too much in the way of rugby and a little too much of other things going on. Either that or the skill level was quite low - I'd imagine the field at Death Valley would have been dry and would have allowed for posiive rugby.

Although, having said that, I've been to a 1st grade colts match there (2001) with a similar number of red and yellow cards - but there were a lot more points scored by both sides.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
It's only a pity if you are of the opinion that "the other teams" don't deserve some exposure on T.V. After 4 rounds Eastwood have already appeared on 3,Uni. on 2, & one each to Randwick,Easts & Norths.
Obviously as the season progresses it's highly likely that the more successful teams will appear more often ,& the less successful less often if at all.There will almost always be more than one attractive game each week,but don't you think Penrith & to lesser extent West Harbour, should be on in the early part of the season when they are not too far behind the leaders,& if not when do you think they should be on, or should we see the same predictable group of teams every week ?

Yeah, don't disagree with you Done That.

I'm all in favour of every team getting some TV exposure and would like to see 7 have a plan to show every team at least once over the first few weeks of the season, but then probably pick the best game each week. Not sure what the policy is, but it seems to me to have lacked any sort of plan up till now.

I wasn't suggesting they shouldn't do Wests v Emus, just lamenting the fact that I won't be able to see the Woodies v Rebels game as I'll be at Manly v Wicks.

Unfortunately for the Emus, based on yesterday's performance, I'd have to think the TV exposure is more likely to be an embarassment more than anything else -- both to them and the SRU / NSWRU.

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
To be honest it is nice to see some different sides on TV - I for one am excited to see Penrith play West Harbour - lets see if I am that excited after the game though....

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
To be honest it is nice to see some different sides on TV - I for one am excited to see Penrith play West Harbour - lets see if I am that excited after the game though..

Totally agree.

All SS teams deserve air play.

We all have sponsrers that support us. Which we would like to get exposure on TV

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
When was the last televised game that the Emus played in, either an ABC TV game, or Bar TV on Channel 7Two?

I can't recall one.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
I definitely can't recall am Emus game being on TV, but I could be wrong. Going off the previous rounds may not be as much of am embarrassment as one would think. But then, who knows if they are reverting to last year's firm.

Nulla

Frank Row (1)
I am fully supportive of Penrith have a TV slot. They may win or they may lose but It will be something special that they made it to TV. Also they will face a personal challenge to lift themselves up for the occasion. They should have the opportunity to have that new lime light.

Status
Not open for further replies.