• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow

Sydney Middleton (9)
I definitely can't recall am Emus game being on TV, but I could be wrong. Going off the previous rounds may not be as much of am embarrassment as one would think. But then, who knows if they are reverting to last year's firm.
The Emus played Sydney Uni @ uni about 6 or 7 years ago and did really well and lost by maybe 30 points?? I could be wrong but the fact they were the TV game lifted there performance and there was a ruling that every club had to be on at least 1 TV game so clubs could help with getting sponsors etc which i think is a good idea.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Uni played Penrith about 4 years ago on ABC. Penrith were ok back then and getting the odd win.

Beat Souths, Wicks and Easts once in a year IIRC.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
One of the 7 team said last Saturday that he hoped Penrith could return to their "glory years" -- when were they?

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
"Southern Districts v Eastern Suburbs. The Hobbits are the form team of the competition and have already been installed as Hugh’s Premiership favourites. The big Sylvania Waters crowd will be treated to a systematic slaughter of the Latte Sipping Harbour Viewers Shute Shield season success schemes. Hobbits by 10-15." Ready HJ :rolleyes:

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
"Southern Districts v Eastern Suburbs. The Hobbits are the form team of the competition and have already been installed as Hugh’s Premiership favourites. The big Sylvania Waters crowd will be treated to a systematic slaughter of the Latte Sipping Harbour Viewers Shute Shield season success schemes. Hobbits by 10-15." Ready HJ :rolleyes:

Careful you don't wear out the "s" on your keypad ;)

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
That's got to be the kiss of death for the hobbits!
I reckon HJ could stop a train.:)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Give me some credit for the huge improvements in my tipping. This round saw a 50% improvement in my accuracy. Celebrate the little successes.

Premierships aren't won in April. This is the year for the sun shine in The Shire. Just you wait and see.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Don't take it personally Big Arse, just having a bit of fun:)
At least you are putting it out there,making predictions .
Much as I seem to disagree with many of them !

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Something about monkeys, typewriters, the complete works of Billy Shakespeare. Gotta get some right sooner or later.:)

Josh Holmes seconded to the Sevens for Singapore. Rats chances take a bit of a dive without Josh at 9. The team sheets from the have recorded Luke Hilmes as playing No 8 for the Card-a-thon match out at Death Valley. Is there an Injury/unavailability crisis at Rat Park ?

jdennis

Frank Row (1)
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but are there any match reviews being published this year? NSW rugby doesn't seem to have any, rugby news put a few out half way through the week. Sporting news seems to be a few weeks behind, are there any other sites that are covering SS? The coverage seems to have slipped a little this year

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)

BAZinga

Stan Wickham (3)
My weekly predictions:

Randwick to beat Eastwood by 10+. Woods are missing a few big names and in big games, those guys make a difference. Wicks on fire this season and will be hard to beat at home.
Easts to beat Parra - the loss of a couple of key players for Parra will hurt them. Easts have been going well this season. I could see this being a big score.
Warringah to beat Gordon. Warringah were very lucky to beat a 11/12 man Parra last week. But they will have learnt for that and will be too strong for a badly looking Gordon.
Manly to beat Penrith - but I can see this being a respectable scoreline.
Norths to beat Souths - Souths starting the season on fire but the flame seems to be dying down. Norths have been up and down, but will click this weekend.
Uni to put beat West by 20. Wests are 2 on the trot, but are still poor IMO. They generally do well vs Uni, but cant see it happening this weekend.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Not so sure. The loss of two of all-time greats will really hurt us; Perrett and Badger were worth their weight in Minties.

Status
Not open for further replies.