• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Eastwood to beat Easts
Randwick over Gordon
Rats a little too good for Norths
Manly to survive the Easter Saturday journey to Death Valley
Uni to lap Penrith
The unpredictable Wests to cause an upset and beat Souths

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
No David Hickey for The Corporation this week. Possibly given a rest by Judiciary, or unilateral action was taken by his club.

I recall one of their wingers being "stood down" a year or two back after a pretty nasty off the ball incident at Concord (against Pirates) which escaped the attention of the Match officials. Don't think it went to Judiciary, but the players name disappeared off their team lists for a long while.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
No David Hickey for The Corporation this week. Possibly given a rest by Judiciary, or unilateral action was taken by his club.

I recall one of their wingers being "stood down" a year or two back after a pretty nasty off the ball incident at Concord (against Pirates) which escaped the attention of the Match officials. Don't think it went to Judiciary, but the players name disappeared off their team lists for a long while.
Yes seen clubs manage sanctions, this is really good to see.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 1 only got 2/6 correct, and complaints about my accuracy of the 20-all draw were registered.:)

Round 2 Tips. The visitors are looking good.
Randi-Wix v Highlanders. Both teams seemed to underperform last week, but Wix should underperform by less this week. The Gallopers by 7-12

Rats v Shoremen. Good result for the Red and Blacks last week while the Rats struggles to put the Beasties away. Momentum is with the Shoremen who should survive the night foray deep into the Insular Peninsular with a W by 5-10.

M2B v MMM. The pressure is on me to get this right after declaring 2016 as The Year of the West with a 20 all draw. This'll be close but not a draw. MMM by 7-10. M2B to win the Canteen/BBQ award.

Woodies v Beasties. Upset of the Week. All TV games this year have gone against the favourite. Beasties to romp in by >10.

Emus v The Corporation. Slightly better performances by the Riff under Jeremy Paul but it will be Rinse and Repeat. Students by plenty.

Pirates v Hobbits. The Shoeless Ones from The Shire will cruise to victory by >20.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
I recall one of their wingers being "stood down" a year or two back after a pretty nasty off the ball incident at Concord (against Pirates) which escaped the attention of the Match officials. Don't think it went to Judiciary, but the players name disappeared off their team lists for a long while.[/quote]

I think that player actually played the next week (against manly?) and was involved in another incident (not as bad) and got a yellow
He then never played for uni again (think he went back to the UK)

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Which Shute Shield side is Will Skelton contracted to? Due to him being dropped by the tahs this week - guessing he will be playing Shute Shield?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Will Skelton is with The Corporation but he hasn't been listed in their published squad for the game at Penrith:
Teams for 1st Grade are up:
<snip>
Penrith v Sydney University
<snip>
Sydney University
Batho, Fainga’a, Sandell, Philip, Kaveinga, Whiteley, McCalman,? Wainwright,Gordon, Hughes, Narracott, Carter,Redden, Tanginoa, Roberts

<snip>

Is he injured?

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Was still a good game in first half
Some of that MMMs back line is real class
Two if not three will make super rugby in next year or so

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
36-59
Full time
MMMs were dominant but MTBs pack showed some weakness in the Marlins and both teams will come up against far weaker tight-fives and less mobile back-rows
The MMMs backs could be the best in the SS
It was a very good Friday for the neutral
Lane and Pili-Gaitau were the picks for me with Rech an honourable mention

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
36-59
Full time
MMMs were dominant but MTBs pack showed some weakness in the Marlins and both teams will come up against far weaker tight-fives and less mobile back-rows
The MMMs backs could be the best in the SS
It was a very good Friday for the neutral
Lane and Pili-Gaitau were the picks for me with Rech an honourable mention
Veryy accurate - even down to the chosen players

refugee

Sydney Middleton (9)
Randwick 50 Gordon 14
Gordon scored two great tries but overall Randwick too strong and kept the ball moving with exceptional backing up to get to 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.