• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I've taken a particular interest in colts and the lead up to colts of recent times - u15 - u18, looking at and researching the pathway and process so we can engage in more kids playing;
What you are saying - inducements in a very broad scope will hurt, how to stop, reduce, even out - no doubt at all that many ideas have been discussed. I dont have a solution but do agree with you.

65% of kids go to public high school - these are the kids we are trying to create opportunity for.

Kind Regards,
You could start by getting your club to stop paying colts players:)

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Okay I have heard that at present it is same day GF & Round 1.

It came across that the discussions have not been hostile, rather than working together in the Christmas spirit and still in progress.

Yes, I cringe at some of the approaches communicated, i really hope its planned together with rugby coming first.

Saying this in a constructive way;
  • Whilst 97% of NRC players were positive.
  • If we include all Premier Rugby players 4th Grade - 1st Grade & NRC players and ask them all in August September - are you enjoying your rugby at the moment. I'd love them all to say yes because they are still playing.
Another question to save me researching
The Premier Comps in Vic, WA, ACT, what date was their grand final this year?

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Premier clubs in Sydney and Brisbane save at least 20 kids a year from playing rugby league by supporting them. You should be thankful.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
A worrying situation is currently evolving as a consequence of certain clubs paying inflated amounts & offering inducements , many of which are unlikely to be honoured, in the process of recruiting players to their clubs. Of particular concern is that some clubs are paying their colts .As a consequence a number of existing colts from clubs not paying, are changing clubs ,i.e.their club is being cannabilised ,leading to the weakening of their parent club ,& of course leading to some clubs not attracting any/many new schoolboys & juniors to allow them to be competitive.The likely consequences of this is that some clubs may only field 2 colts teams next season.The ultimate consequences for the future of the competition are obvious.Players , including colts, have been offered inducements for many years, but currently the situation is getting out of hand & IMO is eventually self destructive for all concerned.

Interesting side note Norths have been very active in the grade area which considering they were relatively strong last year and with more Colts coming through I would have thought they would reward those guys who are loyal and clearly on the improve. Could be some unhappy players. In terms of Colts Cron is on the phone telling everyone he is the Aus 20's coach.

Manly seem to be making a big effort to re build the Colts.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Why would you need Super Saturday's? Scheduling a round at say Concord would still be the same in February as it would be in June. It would still the same number of games as at present.

As for the heat. Well, perhaps the should just cancel pre-season training. That occurs in the summer months. During my time at that level we often trained in the heat. It was just part of the deal. But as a solution games could be moved back a bit. Seriously, nothing you've presented couldn't be dealt with.

Super Saturdays as Colts play the same draw. These are clubs not 1st grade sides. 8 clubs are capable of hosting games on one ground at present just looking at grounds without cricket wickets and other complications being involved. To play the Super Saturday they would need two grounds or in some instances a lot better lighting.

If you don't have the club you won't see the same standard competition that currently exists.

Tuesday & Thursday clubs are training at 6:30pm not 3pm in the heat of the afternoon.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The concept of the right to funding and backlash to levies and fees (the costs of which have been passed onto the playing community) reflects a lack of understanding of how money works. Is this adulting?

Sorry?
How money works?
If it weren't for these clubs and those of us who bled time, money and blood there would be no fucking game for these blow ins.
How can you pay one player $750k for not even playing a game (Pocock): ridiculous and completely out of whack.
Any statement by Pulver about his love of club rugby is a statement about recently acquired love: he only got interested in it when his son started playing it.
The ARU have been leveraging off the work of the clubs, they heavy handedly told them how the NRC would be but omit them from all further consideration.

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
I have never understood why Shute didn't start a few weeks before super season
Get fringe players game time
Play games at evenings
It's bloody lovely here at 7.30 in March !
yeah a few grounds have cricket but play games at other grounds or a few double headers
Get creative with the Comp us diehards go no matter what is about engaging the future of our sport

Evening games for the first few rounds. I like it.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I have never understood why Shute didn't start a few weeks before super season
Get fringe players game time
Play games at evenings
It's bloody lovely here at 7.30 in March !
yeah a few grounds have cricket but play games at other grounds or a few double headers
Get creative with the Comp us diehards go no matter what is about engaging the future of our sport

Shit yeah - in fact if you want people from Subbies to attend, then an evening game is probably as good as it gets.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Other grand final dates for 2016

Newcastle RU - 24 September
Illawarra RU - 3 September
Central West - 17 September
NSW subbies - 27 August

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
Shit yeah - in fact if you want people from Subbies to attend, then an evening game is probably as good as it gets.

Agree, Two Blues had a night game last season, with a deal for Subbies that turned up wearing their 2016 club polo's.

Evening worked well.

Status
Not open for further replies.