• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Anyone agree with my top 6 for 2017
Souths
Warringah
Norths
Uni
Parramatta
Eastwood

Pretty much agree with it.
Thinks North or Uni will be in the GF against Souths as I dont think Coleman is quite there yet as a coach of a GF side. Also reckon Randwick will make the top 6;)

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
There's been a certain degree of predictability about S.S. results in recent years , however , how many picked Norths to win last year?
In predicting this years play off's it helps to know the player movements
that have occurred since last season, because some clubs have seemingly lost significant players ,on paper at least, without similar replacements or additions, other clubs would seem to have recruited well.
The effect of changes in coaching personnel is also relevant , if some rumours circulating the clubs are to be believed.
My point is that last years results will probably not have the same predictability value in picking this years results as they have done in the past. I'm expecting a few more "upsets" than usual .

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Any news on last nights trial Gordon V Rats

Warringah won comfortably was a bit mixed and matched with grades and teams though.

Gordon has a host of new players which were playing together for the first time.

Warringah did look sharp the backline is lethal. Last night it was Holmes, Angus, Davis, Tagicakibau(Wasps one), Wileman, Jones, Feltscheer

Best for Gordon was probably Mike Kennedy who has returned to Aus after various stints overseas.

For Warringah the Holmes brothers created mayhem everywhere.

front row lova

Bob McCowan (2)
Warringah won comfortably was a bit mixed and matched with grades and teams though.

Gordon has a host of new players which were playing together for the first time.

Warringah did look sharp the backline is lethal. Last night it was Holmes, Angus, Davis, Tagicakibau(Wasps one), Wileman, Jones, Feltscheer

Best for Gordon was probably Mike Kennedy who has returned to Aus after various stints overseas.

For Warringah the Holmes brothers created mayhem everywhere.

how did needsy do? and how did gordons set piece hold up against the rats?

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
Didn't actually notice Needs. It was hard to tell as I said Gordon's 2nd grade played a fair bit of time against Warringah's first grade as it was 3 x 40 minute trials. When Fraser and Gukibau were on with Holden it was competitive.

Dooley

Frank Row (1)
Giddy boys long time follower of these forums however rarely post unless it involves Parra or frontrowers . 2 Things that came up over a few turkey discussions
1. Will Borsak possibly regret his decision to leave the rats? i have them as strong favorites to win the comp purely on the flair but maturity of their backline and strong forwardpack led from front and behind by the Holmes Brothers. Im pretty much one eyed Parra, however if we dont win it, ill quietly be rooting for the rats.

2. Reading on Shute Shield being screened in NZ via Sky, I'm not too sure this will be a good thing for Sydney/Australian Rugby short/medium or long term especially taking into account 1 super team is be cut. By televising into NZ, its providing another platform to deplete the playing stock here and further boost Heartland, NPC and potentially Super Rugby and possibly the All Blacks in NZ. Whilst I'd never stop anyone for making a career out of rugby, the Australian rugby landscape is getter more bare as each year passes. Shute shield will become a stepping stone to overseas if you dont get a gig here.

Anywho, bring the trials this weekend and Up Parra!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Stands

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Giddy boys long time follower of these forums however rarely post unless it involves Parra or frontrowers . 2 Things that came up over a few turkey discussions
1. Will Borsak possibly regret his decision to leave the rats? i have them as strong favorites to win the comp purely on the flair but maturity of their backline and strong forwardpack led from front and behind by the Holmes Brothers. Im pretty much one eyed Parra, however if we dont win it, ill quietly be rooting for the rats.

2. Reading on Shute Shield being screened in NZ via Sky, I'm not too sure this will be a good thing for Sydney/Australian Rugby short/medium or long term especially taking into account 1 super team is be cut. By televising into NZ, its providing another platform to deplete the playing stock here and further boost Heartland, NPC and potentially Super Rugby and possibly the All Blacks in NZ. Whilst I'd never stop anyone for making a career out of rugby, the Australian rugby landscape is getter more bare as each year passes. Shute shield will become a stepping stone to overseas if you dont get a gig here.

Anywho, bring the trials this weekend and Up Parra!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
I think Borzak left the rats last year to go Eastwood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Wix played Parra. Parra were easy winners in 2nds. In ones Parra dominated the first half and led 17-7 at the break. Randwick started to peg them back then Parra had a player sent off and the score blew out. Wicks won however Parra are looking alright.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Jeez Dave. When you say the marlins 'got up' you should have mentioned it was an 8 tries to 1 flogging at the home of the mighty seaforth raiders. Good to see the club house (bowling club) selling a few schooners as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.