• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Just noticed that teams don't seem to be getting competition points for byes this year.

How is that fair given that 7 teams only play 16 games whereas the other 4 play 17 games?

Seems like an unfair advantage to Rats, Uni, Rebels and Woods.

Or am I missing something?

Shadow

Sydney Middleton (9)
Just noticed that teams don't seem to be getting competition points for byes this year.

How is that fair given that 7 teams only play 16 games whereas the other 4 play 17 games?

Seems like an unfair advantage to Rats, Uni, Rebels and Woods.

Or am I missing something?
My understanding is that in the first round teamsv get zero points for the bye but in 2nd round teams with the bye get 5 points for a 28 to Nil win

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
It’s a logical explanation of what’s happening with points for the bye.

Doesn’t make sense to me.
Can’t think of any benefit to justify the change.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
OK, that makes sense, thanks.

But doesn't that just gift the teams with the second bye with 5 points while the others (four sides I think) have to play for the chance of winning points. Can't see how there is any fair play way of doing it while-ever some teams get two byes and others only one (or three and two, whatever is the case).

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
But doesn't that just gift the teams with the second bye with 5 points while the others (four sides I think) have to play for the chance of winning points. Can't see how there is any fair play way of doing it while-ever some teams get two byes and others only one (or three and two, whatever is the case).

I guess there's no perfect way of doing it unless we go back to a full home and away season, but that would impact the NRC as it would make the SS season 4 weeks longer.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Not overly impressed with Rugby News charging. Paper version no issue, but electronic / web based, really?

Who has signed up?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Just received the Woodies e-letter. We were thrashed, of course, but apparently Norths scored their first try after 7 seconds!

We will get thrashed again this week.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
I guess there's no perfect way of doing it unless we go back to a full home and away season, but that would impact the NRC as it would make the SS season 4 weeks longer.
Not seeing a downside to your comment here....oh, are we supposed to want to keep the NRC?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Not seeing a downside to your comment here..oh, are we supposed to want to keep the NRC?

Don't think it matters what anyone wants. The NRC is a creation for Fox Sports and if they don't want it then it will be gone.

In its current form, I don't think that the NRC is doing much for rugby but that's just my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.