• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2020

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Damn. Well done Woodies. We had our chances, you never looked like scoring but that lineout of ours killed us in the end.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Damn. Well done Woodies. We had our chances, you never looked like scoring but that lineout of ours killed us in the end.

We stole it in the end, not because of one isolated refereeing decision, by the way. Norths were all over us, particularly at the lineout, and really should have won it. Anyway, I reckon we can beat Gordon, although I still cannot believe we got there.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
We stole it in the end, not because of one isolated refereeing decision, by the way. Norths were all over us, particularly at the lineout, and really should have won it. Anyway, I reckon we can beat Gordon, although I still cannot believe we got there.

Nah, there were errors aplenty, though she sure let the Woodies jump the line a lot. It was the lineout throwing/clean ball that killed us, too many attacking opportunities stifled or resulting penalties that then helped march the Woodies back down the field time and time again, that coupled with some uncharacteristic misses by Sinclair and dropped pill and in a tight, wet game that's the difference.

I actually didn't think it was a very good game from the Woodies backs compared to last week. Some poor decision making by Edmed, Gonzales with some poor kicks that really put the team under pressure with a few phases that could have really come unstuck. They'll need to improved for next week. I thought Bell was excellent today however, very solid and the forwards showed up as ever. Scrum was tight, but I'd say you likely had the dominate pack, next week could be tight, though I'd still say Gordon should get up.

Anyway, it's been a good season, great to see lots of tight games, with many teams on their day looking a chance.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

Nah, there were errors aplenty, though she sure let the Woodies jump the line a lot. It was the lineout throwing/clean ball that killed us, too many attacking opportunities stifled or resulting penalties that then helped march the Woodies back down the field time and time again, that coupled with some uncharacteristic misses by Sinclair and dropped pill and in a tight, wet game that's the difference.
Not a good day to be the goal-kicker, for sure. I did not watch the whole game, but I thought you killed us in the lineout.

I actually didn't think it was a very good game from the Woodies backs compared to last week.

Agree wholeheartedly. Still cannot believe we got there. I have to say that it was not a very good advertisement for club rugby.