• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2023

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
how much are players getting paid? I know the second grade coach who recently quit wasnt even getting petrol money to drive to newy and back twice a week...
2nd Grade for Hunter have had the same coach all preseason and in-season... And he's from Newcastle... he's still there.

Good to see the wildfire going well a close comp is a sensational comp I used to hate years ago where the emus,two blues and pirates would try hard but would get lapped.

I'll give the emus credit the emus burger was awesome

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Any standout players in Shute Shield, not already signed to the 'Tahs, demanding Super Rugby attention?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Jude Gibbs - 10, Norths
Tom Silk - 6,7, Randwick (made his name at Gordon previously) Don't know where he's been the last 12 months but he was killing it before that and he'll help Randwick go to another level.

Most others would be on some sort of contract/development deal through U20s

Marlins

Frank Row (1)
Jude Gibbs - 10, Norths
Tom Silk - 6,7, Randwick (made his name at Gordon previously) Don't know where he's been the last 12 months but he was killing it before that and he'll help Randwick go to another level.

Most others would be on some sort of contract/development deal through U20s
Zac Barnabus, Ollie Horne and Yool Yool all very worthy of a shout out. All have been rewarded by Chris DeLooze after largely playing 2nds in 2022.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Zac Barnabus, Ollie Horne and Yool Yool all very worthy of a shout out. All have been rewarded by Chris DeLooze after largely playing 2nds in 2022.
huge standouts those 3 - and very well-balanced 1 - 23 plus the players stepping up.
I would have also included Oscar Guilding in that group as well -just wish he didn't get injured

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
Any standout players in Shute Shield, not already signed to the 'Tahs, demanding Super Rugby attention?
let me know your thoughts on this:

Hunter - Freeman and Frans (I would add Tuala but he already is training with Tahs and has super rugby experience)
Manly - Fepuleai and Barnabas
Norths - Leber and Gersekowski (gibbs is good but i've seen him getting rattled under pressure)
Gordon - Fuli and Quinn (although hes out for the year again I hear)
Randwick - Houston - its hard to name any more as they pretty much so are all in tahs, even Silk was tahs training squad before last year going Japan and now back again
Eastwood - Bell and Nox. Icely already has played super as has Ala I think with Force
Uni - most are already in a super system between tahs, rebels and force
Two blues - Fonokalafi, Waqa, Siteine-Tua, Mausia
West Harbour - Tufuga
Easts - other than who they already have in super systems - nobody else is worthy
Souths - a lot of uk imports who are only here 1 season, although their fullback should be looked at (Wicks or Woods will poach him end of season)
Rats - Nobody

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
The season after Abbott was elected and stripped funding from the ABC and SBS (after promising before the election not to do that).
Yeah, don't want to go down this path but it was the first thing ABC cut. Not a fluke that the sport followed by a lot of people the ABC hate got the ass so early.

Turned out to be a good thing for the Club Rugby fan. You can now watch all the games across states.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Yeah, don't want to go down this path but it was the first thing ABC cut. Not a fluke that the sport followed by a lot of people the ABC hate got the ass so early.

Turned out to be a good thing for the Club Rugby fan. You can now watch all the games across states.

Agreed don't want to get into the politics of it all, but I do know in the afl it went to 7 as a part of the broadcast deal years ago.

The abc is still required to show the same amount of sport it did when it had the rights. Cuts or no cuts sport isn't replaced by anything else just a different sport.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

Not to mention that televising a Sydney based competition did not make a lot of sense for a national broadcaster, eh?