• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Shute Shield 2023

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
Were the events from earlier this year ever clarified? What caused the exit and backflip? Not muckraking just curious as it seemed to disappear quickly
They had a new president, lets say mr A, who majorly cut back funds and cut back head coach salary a week before comp started. coach walked out as did few other staff and players. ex president (mr B) came back and overthrew mr A, reinstated coaches and upped salary.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Super Rugby players need to be playing in elite competitions to improve their own skills. Shute Shield and QPR are the two competitions where these players should be. Nice to have Force, Rebels and Brumby players in local comps but it wouldn't be doing much to improve their rugby if they are very dominant and not getting truly tested.

I'm sure we can extend an invitation for them all to play in the John I Dent Cup...

The Phantoms

Peter Burge (5)
Uni: Lambert, Fa'aingaa, Botha, Swinton, Robertson, Poolman
Norths: Sinclair
Eastwood: Icely, Edmed
Gordon: Taulangi, Goddard, Walton
Two Blues: Nadolo
Southern Districts: Kuenzle
West Harbour: Orr
Manly: Ward
Randwick: Dowling
Easts: None
Warringah: None
Hunter: None (have read here that Louwrens is there)

If I've missed anyone please name them but there are also a few former Super Rugby/7s players in squad likes English, Kennewell, Clunies-Ross with Uni. Yool Yool with Manly. Tuala with Hunter. Craig, Albert, Fou at Eastwood
Max Burey for the Shoremen.

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Uni: Lambert, Fa'aingaa, Botha, Swinton, Robertson, Poolman
Norths: Sinclair
Eastwood: Icely, Edmed
Gordon: Taulangi, Goddard, Walton
Two Blues: Nadolo
Southern Districts: Kuenzle
West Harbour: Orr
Manly: Ward
Randwick: Dowling
Easts: None
Warringah: None
Hunter: None (have read here that Louwrens is there)

If I've missed anyone please name them but there are also a few former Super Rugby/7s players in squad likes English, Kennewell, Clunies-Ross with Uni. Yool Yool with Manly. Tuala with Hunter. Craig, Albert, Fou at Eastwood
Will Harris played for Easts didnt he?

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
I've been out of sydney for a majority of the season so I'm decently out of the loop about the comp, who are everyone's favourites to win it? And can anyone help me understand why Easts are struggling so much this year?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I've been out of sydney for a majority of the season so I'm decently out of the loop about the comp, who are everyone's favourites to win it? And can anyone help me understand why Easts are struggling so much this year?
The picture changes a lot as the Super Rugby players come back. Randwick seems to be favoured. Uni always a threat. Easts will be better when they are fully stocked. It would be nice to think that the Wildfires and Two Blues could hold their form.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I reckon Easts are too far back. Won’t see any of the U20s for a month.

Randwick and Norths are the most settled teams.

Uni and Gordon for me could be ones that make a move.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
If Eastwood can sort out the Defence they are as good a chance as anyone.

I say Gordon because if they can get Vailanu, Goddard, Walton, McGregor on the field at the same time they will be hard to beat.

Mahe is a game changer at this level.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Dear oh dear. Woodies snuck home. The Gordon kicker, who potted a couple of conversions from the sidelines, missed two gettable penalties, including what would have been the match-winner.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
0FE0105A-8A74-4F7B-B9D6-27C1C9DD5DF9.jpeg

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
View attachment 16728
Both last years Grand Finalists sit outside the finals as of right now.

Such a good season

I cant see either teams dropping many points over next 5 games though as strange as that stands.

Both teams will have some heavy artillery back for them from now onwards.

Uni just need to find some rhythm with their super guys back, that'll start now I think that they can see where they went wrong on weekend to Norths.

Gordon will have vailanu, mcgregor, quinn and both their tight heads back from this weekend onwards and also hearing they may have captured another super rugby forward and back.

Two blues - feel good story but cant see them doing much over the next 5 weeks. They have uni and manly away, wicks at home, gordon away and a resurgent west harbour at home. They'll be luck to pick up 1 win.