• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Singapore 7s 15 & 16 April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Opening a thread here, can't seem to find one!

Looks like its going to be wet over there, is the stadium enclosed or not?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
IMG_0718.JPG

Been a bit under the weather this week: I always get a head cold within a day or two of being back in NZ, clearly the fact I'm back for good means I get a really, really bad head cold as a welcome home!

OK then, standings after HK are:

1. South Africa 145
2. Fiji 122
3. England 113
4. New Zealand 97
5. USA 82
6. Australia 79

Full standings here:

http://www.worldrugby.org/sevens-series/standings

Coverage from 13:00 AEST, Australia second up at 13:22. Full match schedule here:

http://www.worldrugby.org/sevens-series/stage/1691/fixtures

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Kenya's title defence off to a good start, 22-7 over a fairly poor & error-ridden Argentina. Straya on now v Samoa.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Australia 29-7 Kenya but looks like "Chucky" may have broken his nose.

WTF happened to my lot? Up 17-0 when I left to drop wifey off at her cousin's hens party, get home to FT 22-21 albeit the Scots scored last & late. YC to Forbes wouldn't have helped but we'll need to go a lot better v USA who I thought looked pretty decent v Wales.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
SA 10-7 France, nearly the upset of the year & possibly enough to put Ringinland into the Challenge Trophy (assuming Les Frogs don't go belly-up v Japan).

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Day 1 highlights:

Challenge Trophy QF (from 13:00 AEST):

Hong Kong v Scotland
Argentina v France
---------------------------
Wales v Russia
Japan v Samoa

Cup QF (from 14:30):

Fiji v USA
Australia v South Africa
-----------------------------
New Zealand v Canada
England v Kenya

I suspect your guys will be playing for fifth & mine for third.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Challenge Trophy QF:

Scotland 26-15 Hong Kong
France 26-24 Argentina
-----------------------------
Wales 19-12 Russia
Samoa 26-14 Japan

Just on my comment above re. your guys playing for fifth, that's based as much on the fact they'll be a coupla players short (Jenkins, Lucas & Stannard out) as who they're playing in the QF: Straya have a pretty good record v Sethfricka & Ringinland showed last night that they're far from unbeatable. You need 12 men to do it, though.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
HT QF1: USA 12-7 Fiji who've only completed ONE pass to USA's 48. In other words: Fiji get some ball, USA are screwed..................

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
............ but USA keep winning the restarts & generally denying Fiji any pill so out to 24-7 with 1:30 to go. Big upset coming here!

Status
Not open for further replies.