• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Soccer WC

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Well done to the Socceroos, nevertheless. They played like they wanted to score goals, they were good to watch after the 30 min mark, despite not having the finishing quality of the Chileans. Tim Cahill - how will the Socceroos score goals once he retires?

Wazza2013

Fred Wood (13)
Well done to the Socceroos, nevertheless. They played like they wanted to score goals, they were good to watch after the 30 min mark, despite not having the finishing quality of the Chileans. Tim Cahill - how will the Socceroos score goals once he retires?

Agree , thought they played blood well.

Cant remember the last time I got up before 8 am on a Saturday. Ir was worth it.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Really?? We could have definitely taken a point from that game

Australia played well in patches and all credit to our guys for putting up a fight. We're a young side with a coach who's been at the helm for only 8 months. We will be better for it.

With Chile, you're talking about a team that dismantled England at Wembley, drew with World Champions Spain and hosts Brazil last year, and lost only 1-0 against Germany in Germany recently.

In qualifying they beat Ecuador, Venezuala, Uruguay and drew with Colombia. They are ranked in the top 15, we aren't even in the top 60.

Compare us to a side that has the likes of players from Barcelona, Juventus, Valencia and a host of other top league clubs and we can consider ourselves lucky to come as close as we did IMO.

I worry for us against the Dutch and Spanish.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
England 1
Italy:2

Found myself rooting for Italy in this one because nothing, NOTHING, makes for such gristley grizzled grizzle grist for the Brit media as their quadrennial soccer world cup losses. They love a whinge, but a soccer world cup loss whinge? Epic. They run with it at their feet, to the manor borne, reveling in the gossamer touch all up and down their wangers as they pound themselves into emotionally disfigured misery. The blogosphere, the forisphere, online newspapers, the whole lot erupt as flaming, churning chunderbowls of aggrieved, distraught yet strangely comfortable and familiar evisceration. It's their thing. "It's going to rain today and we're going out in the quarters on penalties." How about staging a World Cup for whinging? No point even holding such a thing. A quietly ceremonial quadrennial coronation would suffice. "Here you go. You're still the best.""

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Ivory Coast: 2
Japan: 1

The Ivory Coasters, not a 50's doo-wop band, or an outlawed thingy to put your beer on, just 11 fellows who have today defeated Japenn.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
HT Ghana vs USA now. Seppos score after 30 seconds, Ghanaian centre back John Boye fast asleep. Still, he has come a long way from his days on the hit 70's TV show "The Waltons".

After the goal, complete Ghanese domination. But they're shit in front of goal. Couldnt score in a Togolese brothel with a suitcase full of Somalians.

Seppos struggling to get their hands on the ball.

Handling is considered "illegal" in soccer.

Maybe they are confused.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Violent Mexican drug cartel scythe their way to a nil-all result.

Brazil were shit. Couldn't score in a Bogota brothel in a month of Escobars.

Brazil's captain missed the easiest header in the world, from 5 yards out, with a 22 yard width to donk it between. MORAN. I couldve used the dog's cockhead to donk that one in.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What a goal from Cahill tonight. Shame we couldn't jag a point or all 3.

But that was so much better than hanging back and getting thumped 4-0 by Germany in 2010.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
As others have said I don't know what we'll do about goals once Cahill has retired. Simply the best. Keep him in the game as our attack coach or something.

I find it ironic that our attack was being talked of pre-WC as an issue & our defence was getting more credit. From what I've seen in this WC its been our defence that's gone to sleep & cost us whereas our attack has actually been quite good.

Disappointed we couldn't at least get the draw against the Dutch but so far we have been very competitive. I wish we could've done what we did to Japan all those years ago (for me that game was better than the qualifier against Uruguay). But as an Aussie I'm proud of the effort. WC technically over for us but one big game to finish off would be nice - bring on the Spaniards.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Oh dear, poms bundled out after 2 losses in 5 days, time to fire up those Sheffield Steel Anguish Turbines and, most importantly, FIND THAT FUCKING SCAPEGOAT!

IT'S ALWAYS 1 PRICKS FAULT SO ITS NOW TIME TO FIND THAT 1 C**T AND UNLOAD ALL THE GRIEF ON HIM.

FIND HIM.

waterneg.jpg

Reactions: Tex

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Ecuador: 2
Honduras: 1

The proud jungle people of Ecuador have today defeated the brave tree-hut people of Honduras by a score of 2 to 1.

Outside of their immediate families, no one gives a single flying baboon-arsed fuck.

More later.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Bosnian War Crimes Tribunal XI: 0
Nigeria: 1

The NZ ref and linesman got so bored and confused that after 20 minutes they just wandered off. I saw them go. The ref just wandered off behind the goal as play continued on downfield. He gave his whistle to some old steward bloke behind the goal and said "look, I'll be up at the concession stand getting some chips, if a ruck forms or they need some adjudication as to whether a rolling maul has come unbound then just come up and get me, thanks".

As for the disgraced Bosnians, national tradition dictates the guilty parties are to be buried in shallow graves probably somewhere out near the corner flag.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
New Zealand World Cup soccer referee dishes out 16 red cards in 1 match

--Sao Paulo Times--

A New Zealand referee has astonished the world soccer community by dishing out no less than 16 red cards during the course of one world cup soccer match. According to the referee, all 16 players were given their marching orders for "beckchet". The match finished with 4 players against 2.

"Pursuant to Law 166 b dash iii" stated the referee, "all players excepting the team captains deemed to entered into dialogue with the match referee are in breach of rugby etiquette. The offending parties left me with little choice."

An artists impression as to how the match finished:

soccercake_zpse228b97b.jpg

"Beckchet!"

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Bosch 2
Algeria:1

Nil-all after regular time. Again. The 3 goals-a-game thing of the regular time opening round is over. We're no longer in the friend zone. Yes, now firmly entrenched in the fuck-around zone.

Krauts getting whistled and jeered whenever they have the ball. Right from opening whistle. It's LOUD. They've had the ball the whole game. Locals must see them as the real threat to rob them of cup?

Turns out 16/23 of Algerian players were born in France. They're not terrorists at all! They looked a chance here, very sharp.

Funny seeing german fans in the crowd sporting face paint, trying to get into the spirit of things. "Haha, perhaps I am a little bit crazy today."

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Argentina: 1
The Swiss: 0

It was 0-0 after about 3 hours. No prick even got the ball close to the goal. Both sides utterly spastic, just wandering around daftly, kicking each other, kicking themselves, kicking the ballboys. Just pick it up, go on. Do us all a favour.

Seppos:1
Belgique:2

Another 0-0 in reg time. Then in ET the seppos had GOLDEN chances and fluffed the lot of them. Belgium were shit but the seppos absolutely shat the bed. Their goalie bails them out about 50 times then hello some fat drunken polish/mexican sub waddles on and then, in the 90th minute, at 0-0, standing on the 6-yard line for a simple tap-in, skied it over the top. That fluffybunny should be deported to nearest port of call. The goalie can drive him. "Fuck off and don't come back" the goalie would say.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Mein Chancellor.

The Nationalmannschaft shall penetrate Rio. With great force. Again and again we shall penetrate. French resistance has again proven futile. Once again they are like the small helpless child of a suspected homosexual. It is fun to laugh while they cry. We Germans laugh and chortle. Is it not funny? Who is to say we Germans lack the humour capability when it is so much obvious the humourous scene right before us.

Yours in good humour,

--The Nationalmannschaft