• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2022

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
Ok calm the farm people ! First rugby controversy of the season.
Sounds like Griffith have dodged a bullet in this game and perhaps Steamers are a tad stronger than what their erstwhile coach has suggested !?

No true blow outs in round 1 and some good close games in most grades. From a City perspective, Aggies are a very different outfit in 2022 . I was impressed with their spirit and enthusiasm. They'll push a lot of sides and win their fair share of games.
Tahs got the job done at Tumut and Reddies hung on for the win. I watched the footage of Reddies and they seem a far better outfit in 22 as well. I think they will push a lot of sides as well.
Round 2 roll on !

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Calling out referee bagging - "ref - who had a really good game". Calling out assistant referee bagging - "no offence to the young girl who was the lines person". Australia's referee development pathway wouldn't have directed an inexperienced young kid like that to be AR of a 1st grade match. That's ridiculous. She wasn't dressed as an AR. I didn't bag anyone. We have a duty of care regarding young people and putting that youngster in that situation was wrong on a number of levels. I've tried to explain that to you but you refuse to listen. You're not all for an open forum. As soon as someone makes a comment you disagree with out come the insults. They're your stock in trade.

Last edited:

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Calling out referee bagging - "ref - who had a really good game". Calling out assistant referee bagging - "no offence to the young girl who was the lines person". Australia's referee development pathway wouldn't have directed an inexperienced young kid like that to be AR of a 1st grade match. That's ridiculous. She wasn't dressed as an AR. I didn't bag anyone. We have a duty of care regarding young people and putting that youngster in that situation was wrong on a number of levels. I've tried to explain that to you but you refuse to listen. You're not all for an open forum. As soon as someone makes a comment you disagree with out come the insults. They're your stock in trade.

please point out an insult from me… I’ll wait…

my only advice would be to nominate for the SIRU o SIRRA boards and help fix what you think is so badly broken

Last edited:

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Ok calm the farm people ! First rugby controversy of the season.
Sounds like Griffith have dodged a bullet in this game and perhaps Steamers are a tad stronger than what their erstwhile coach has suggested !?

No true blow outs in round 1 and some good close games in most grades. From a City perspective, Aggies are a very different outfit in 2022 . I was impressed with their spirit and enthusiasm. They'll push a lot of sides and win their fair share of games.
Tahs got the job done at Tumut and Reddies hung on for the win. I watched the footage of Reddies and they seem a far better outfit in 22 as well. I think they will push a lot of sides as well.
Round 2 roll on !
watched the reddies vs Leeton game. Solid game of footy well controlled by Mick McTaggert. Poor old Dean Smart was nearly decapitated a couple of times.
Leeton strong when playing tight. reddies finding space out the back and around leeton. Great indicidual try from the Leeton reserve winger(although he was in a THP jersey). Good signs for both clubs id say

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
"This type of message helps no one"
"I'm calling out referee bagging" - Untrue
"You did bag the AR which is essentially the same as bagging the ref" - Untrue
"As per usual your comments are negative."
"Shame on you"
I didn't say anything about SIRU or SIRRA being broken. From what I can see they're both doing a good job. Part of what I did say was it should be mandatory that clubs provide qualified & properly attired ARs for their home games. When proper ARs aren't available the ref's jobs are much more difficult - mistakes get made, scuffles turn into brawls, foul play & forward passes get missed etc. We would attract many more referees if potential refs knew that it was a requirement that competent support be provided on the sideline.

Last edited:

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
"This type of message helps no one"
"I'm calling out referee bagging" - Untrue
"You did bag the AR which is essentially the same as bagging the ref" - Untrue
"As per usual your comments are negative."
"Shame on you"
I didn't say anything about SIRU or SIRRA being broken. From what I can see they're both doing a good job. Part of what I did say was it should be mandatory that clubs provide qualified & properly attired ARs for their home games. When proper ARs aren't available the ref's jobs are much more difficult - mistakes get made, scuffles turn into brawls, foul play & forward passes get missed etc. We would attract many more referees if potential refs knew that it was a requirement that competent support be provided on the sideline.

ok mate. Stretch to call any of that an insult.
As my 3 year old loves to sing…..

let it go

enjoy your season mate

Ref_Ted

Sydney Middleton (9)
I’ve decided to close my account. This last business is enough for me.
This is atrocious. Bullied off the forum for making a fair and reasonable observation.
As a referee who busted a gut running 23kms worth of games on the weekend, I have to agree. Under no circumstances should a mid-teens person be AR for a first grade match. At the very least club needs to appoint a qualified (adult) AR if short.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Bullying. Big big stretch.

throwing out the development plan of a qualified AR who ran the line for 3 straight games based on the opinion of someone in the crowd of her input…

I know a 17 year old who was refereeing colts in Canberra and AR’ing 1st grade prem rugby on the same day. Not an adult, should they be banned also?

this all boils down to a punter in the crowd disagreeing with a refereeing decision and airing it here.
With all the great stuff coming from the weekend it’s so sad we’re on this matter.

Christ I hope the young AR doesn’t read any of this. You blokes might get what you want then. No young ARs involved in first grade.

think of the impact fellas.

my last comment on the matter

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Hi Ted. I have sent a message through to Green & Gold about closing my a/c. That must not have been acted upon yet. Thanks for the reply. I hope you could understand what I was trying to say. A word of advice. Don’t reply to this person. If you don’t say what he wants to hear he’ll start on you as well.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
I’ve heard some good things out of the Canberra clubs regarding our recent SIRU players who’ve made the jump.
Dylan McLachlan killing it in Brums development squad, Ollie Toma and Lachie Ramm impressing at uni norths also. Great to see blokes get noticed representing our region stepping out of their comfort zones and seeing early success.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Jeezus H Christ you blokes.

You’re both out of line.

In the many many many years that G&GR has been home to a SIRU thread, there are only two people who have nagged and carried on the way you two do.

Pull your heads in. Act like adults, promote the game, talk about the great try or repeat effort or cracking steak sanga or cold beer or rowdiest boat race or anything but the nitpicking rubbish that gets under your skin.

You’re both long-standing members of the local and regional footy scene and are both capable of being positive members. Act like it.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
I’ve heard some good things out of the Canberra clubs regarding our recent SIRU players who’ve made the jump.
Dylan McLachlan killing it in Brums development squad, Ollie Toma and Lachie Ramm impressing at uni norths also. Great to see blokes get noticed representing our region stepping out of their comfort zones and seeing early success.
I agree, I’d actually like to see these kind of players as part of the SIRU or BP program if that could work?

triathlon

Frank Row (1)
Having been at the Griffith v Albury game on the weekend, I think you will find that the AR actually gave the go ahead for the try however the referee called it held up. All of this bickering over fake news.
Well done to all the referees who put their hands up over the weekend, without them we wouldnt have any footy to talk about.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
There’s a minute or something like that to go. Steamers score the try. Score will be Steamers 21 Blacks 20. We on the sideline feel dejected but sure. The ref isn’t certain because he’s unsighted. We have quite a young person being the AR of the 1st grade match. This is the decision that decides the match. The ref looks to the AR. So what you’re saying is that the young AR gets it right, says all good (which would be the correct decision) & the ref ignores her. Now that would be great for a young person’s confidence. We have a duty of care not to put young people in a position like that. I wonder whether a ref would have the same lack of confidence in a mature aged properly attired AR. You won’t hear anything from these blokes when litigation starts if serious injury occurs and questions start about the appropriate capacity of sideline officials.

Last edited:

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Guys, drop the chats about AR’s and referees and contentious calls and all that jazz.

It never leads to a good place.

If you really feel strongly enough about these things, you can take these issues up within your club in the first instance and ask your President to take it to SIRU and/or SIRRA.

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
Time for my 'Kisses of Death' for the week !

Reddies v City - City by 12 . I think this certainly will not be the blow out of a few years running . Krautz is a big in , if named this week. Despite some Rona issues , City should get the choccies.

Leeton v Griffith - Giffith by 7 . I'm not sure what to make of this in all honesty . Leeton had flashes of brilliance last week and it sounds like Griffith made hard work of it all at home . Griffith will need to win this game. Griffith for the win but its a tentative tip !

Tumut v Aggies . Aggies by 7 . I think this will be tight. A few uni holidays , a few battered bodies and they may have thier work cut out against a big Tumut pack. Another game that could go either way !!

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Round two and the second round of pretty ordinary weather!

I’ll take the following teams this week:
1st Grade:
Griffith
City
WAC

Women’s
Griffith
CSU

Bonus:
Chiefs