• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SR2023 - NZ Derbies & v Drua/ Moana

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez I has feeling if Canes had of scored 14 more points, Telea would of just scored another 2-3 tries. Geez he was good!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
MARK TELEA HAS MURDERED THE THIRD EYE OF THE CHILDREN'S DREAMS WITH A 4TH ESTATE OF RUGBY FOOTBALL TRIES.

THE BESPOKE PROPHECY AS EVENTS REALISED, AS FORETOLD, THEN ACTUATED, HAS BECOME MANIFEST IN THE LEDGER OF ALL PROPHESISED PROPHECIES IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER.

ps HEY TJ, SOMETHING FOR YA HERE CVNT:

giphy.gif

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lio-Willie was subbed off last night due to cramp & will be good to go next week but Grace (knee) & Havili (hammy) don't look likely. They do, however, get Blackadder back.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I wonder if that's end of Grace's chance for WC, and maybe even Havili if it as bad a hammy as it looked.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ if either of them end up needing surgery you'd think they'll run out of time to get back up to match-ready fitness.

Watched the Drua v Moana replay & was interested to hear Greg Clark say there's a story doing the rounds that Christian Lealiifano has asked World Rugby for clearance to play for Samoa at RWC. Also that 27 of the Moana squad represented either Samoa or Tonga last year so at least they're ticking that box.

Last edited:

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
@waiopehu oldboy , couldn't agree more bout them fulfilling the brief of giving Samoan/Tongan players another level of rugby, now if only they can get more coming back from Europe to strengthen them.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Blues have an outside chance of finishing second so I think will go all-in on Friday & hope 'canes knock Crusaders over on Saturday. Maybe a couple of guys get a week off to rest a niggling injury but I don't see Rangi swapping out any more than that.

Edit: apparently Sotutu needs to be rested per AB protocol.

Similarly I expect Crusaders to go big v 'canes so as to line up a possible home SF.

Last edited:

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
You advocate the Blues should drive up their points differential as part of a professionally calculated play to try and secure second place, and the associated advantages that come with it.

I advocate the Blues just bully the Highlanders for the sheer simple joy of it.

We are not the same.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Grace's injury now being described as a dislocated kneecap with further scans to be done to determine if he needs surgery.

Havili also having more scans to confirm if his hammy is torn or just strained but Assistant Coach James Marshall seems to think it's potentially season-ending: "praying for a miracle" he's quoted as saying.