• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SR2023 R2 - Waratahs vs Drua - Saturday 4 March @ 7.35pm

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
For the backs Foketi is really good with the ball in hand, just dangerous and I love his footwork. Edmed much improved over last week, but he was really poor last week. Donaldson looking better at 15 - I reckon he is a wallabies Smokey for 15 at the World Cup and he will get better back there with more time.

Easily our best in the backline so far. Will be amazing if ever given some real room to move opposed to having to create it on his own. Which is impressive enough.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
I’m not sure if Perese is still carrying some nerves from coming back from injury, but he hasn’t hit the same levels as we have seen previously, he might be the type of guy that needs a little rest or a rocket.. I don’t know him, but something to work on to get him going again.
It's early in the season, he hasn't played much for awhile. Hopefully he finds his spark again.

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
I’m worried about Harris. He has so much potential and he has a huge frame, but he lacks punch and even one of his clean outs tonight, he couldn’t move the winger. He is a great support player, but is not improving some of these physical areas.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
Lambert, Holloway, Gleeson, Foketi, Donaldson, Jorgenson best on ground for me.

Donaldson a kicking was good and positioning on point. Jorgenson taking high balls is so good to see from Australian back 3 players.

Gleeson MOTM with Holloway just behind. Everyone saw what they did.

Latu & Seu came on and made an instant impact.

Perese definitely hasn’t come back with that power just yet. Hopefully he just works into the season. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Mosese in the next few weeks at least on the bench. We didn’t yet as this was a must win.

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
It’s like when everyone was saying Mcreight was better than Hooper a couple of years ago.. and when NSW played QLD, Hooper had a blinder.

The Ghost of Raelene

Mark Ella (57)
You’re right. We get use to the level of performance from Hooper that it no longer gets brought up how good he is every single game.

I think McReight is a Test player and will be for a long time but never wright off a bloke like Hooper

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I thought Perese played well. Did the basics, tackled well and made metres every carry. Nawaqanitawase also had a good game too. That 'Tahs backline has such a nice balance. Not sure Edmed is the one to go forward but outside him it's great.

Drua are so much fun to watch. Good crowd as well at AAMI.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
I reckon other countries will be very much taking notice of Gleeson now, especially the ones north of here. He hits so hard, and you can see the tackles player feels it for a while. I think he had some of the biggest hits last night and that is saying something against the Drua!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I thought Perese played well. Did the basics, tackled well and made metres every carry. Nawaqanitawase also had a good game too. That 'Tahs backline has such a nice balance. Not sure Edmed is the one to go forward but outside him it's great.

Drua are so much fun to watch. Good crowd as well at AAMI.
I would still like to see a clean sequence between our centres with a bit more team work, we have a load of individuals at the moment

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Well, the big take-away for me there was that the Tahs are going to have to fix their discipline if they want to challenge the top sides, the penalties they gave away in the first half would have seen a top side too far ahead to catch. Apart from that and a bit of sloppy work at the breakdown, they were very good.
In the forwards, as everyone has said, Gleeson had an enormous game, Lambert was very industrious, as were Holloway and Hooper. Latu was good when he came on, my only disappointment was Harris, so much talent but he really isn't having an impact yet.
In the backs I though Gordon was very sound, Foketi looked dangerous, and both the wings were good. Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) cut out the low percentage offloads, and seems to beat a player every time he has the ball, and Jorgensen continues to do things to demonstrate he belongs at this level. While not bad, I still don't think Edmed really knows how to get his backline working, and Perese isn't back to his explosive best yet.