• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SR2023 R2 - Waratahs vs Drua - Saturday 4 March @ 7.35pm

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Things have moved on a bit since Swinton last played. There is a lot of backrow competition.
Coleman said last night that a number of the Tahs were still building match fitness "as they hadn't played for a while"

I think Swinton is one of them, he still looks half a second behind the play

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The decision not to start Gleeson in round 1 one (and even the trials) continues to look poor. Arguably cost the game. Gamble looks good coming off the bench and Latu will push Porecki for a starting spot soon.

As long as Perese stays healthy shouldn't too concerned, it is possible he's lost explosiveness but hopefully will build into it. It would be nice to once peak at the end of the season and not at the start as the Tahs love to do.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Coleman said last night that a number of the Tahs were still building match fitness "as they hadn't played for a while"

He said that he’s hey we’re working on physicality / size in the preseason and that they’d play into fitness.

Its quite noticeable for a few players - Sinclair has really grown in the upper body and actually has a bit of a gut, despite previously being a pretty low impact / light player who relied on mobility. Will Harris also looks a lot bigger, but seemed quite fatigued in his cameo off the bench very quickly.

it might mean we have a slow start to the season, but the physicality was on display last night.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

He looks as though he has lost some muscle mass to me.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
He looks as though he has lost some muscle mass to me.
I don't see that. There are a number of Brumby and Drua players who I am sure would disagree; I wouldn't want him to tackle me any time soon.

He doesn't seem to be doing as much lineout catching as he used to.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
They both don't have to start, if we get a dynamic, angry 80 odd minutes from Gleeson/Valetini and lob in a 6 with some lineout ability it could work