• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SRT-T R1: Crusaders v Brumbies

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well, silver linings. At least the Evil Empire won't be at the top of the table from start to finish. Hell, the Blues have a good chance to weasel in ahead of them on the table for this round, which is a win in my books.

Thank you Brumbies for your service.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
It was a terrible game in the early parts as a spectacle, with the scrum penalties and resets. But what a thoroughly entertaining second half, even if a bit lopsided in the officiating. Well done to the Brumbies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Ennor is either insanely rusty, still injured or has completely forgotten how to play rugby. He was terrrrrible.

Good old Cantabs hometown officiating crew got them home, what the FUCK was that penalty Doleman made up for his boys.

Gave up on the scrum resets so did the dishes, read a book, walked the dog, hung up the laundry, walked down to the shops, split the atom, realised I don't have a dog, extradited the plaintiff, read another whole book, put away the washing which was dry by now and sat down to the rugby again and they were STILL trying to pack down that f***king scrum.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ennor is either insanely rusty, still injured or has completely forgotten how to play rugby. He was terrrrrible.

Good old Cantabs hometown officiating crew got them home, what the FUCK was that penalty Doleman made up for his boys.

Gave up on the scrum resets so did the dishes, read a book, walked the dog, hung up the laundry, walked down to the shops, split the atom, realised I don't have a dog, extradited the plaintiff, read another whole book, put away the washing which was dry by now and sat down to the rugby again and they were STILL trying to pack down that f***king scrum.

Doleman called that against Canes a few weeks back too, similar thing happened.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Excellent effort by the Brumbies. After last night, it looked like the gap between the two countries had widened over Covid, but tonight showed we can be competitive if we stick to our defensive patterns. We can score tries, as the Tahs did last night, but that's only half the game.

I think, out of this game, Fines is a better No 9 than Lonergan, Swain showed he is up to this class of football, Simone was at least even, maybe a little in front of Havili, Banks is our test No 15, and our scrummaging has gone backwards.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Excellent effort by the Brumbies. After last night, it looked like the gap between the two countries had widened over Covid, but tonight showed we can be competitive if we stick to our defensive patterns. We can score tries, as the Tahs did last night, but that's only half the game.

I think, out of this game, Fines is a better No 9 than Lonergan, Swain showed he is up to this class of football, Simone was at least even, maybe a little in front of Havili, Banks is our test No 15, and our scrummaging has gone backwards.
Refereeing of the scrums was really poor. Crusaders shoved early every time and Williams did nothing about it. He is just clueless about how to officiate them, both sides had no idea he wanted.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Excellent effort by the Brumbies. After last night, it looked like the gap between the two countries had widened over Covid, but tonight showed we can be competitive if we stick to our defensive patterns.

Yep BR, gee isn't that is exactly what some of us have been telling the surrender monkeys in here who keep crying that Aus teams can't compete!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yep BR, gee isn't that is exactly what some of us have been telling the surrender monkeys in here who keep crying that Aus teams can't compete!
In fairness...brumbies known quality to compete.as been best oz side for some time.. we have been waiting for rest to match up..

Reactions: mst

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Argh, so close…………

I won’t dwell too much on the joke lineout penalty - I think that was the AR, who to his credit saved Williams from embarrassing himself not long beforehand after he quickly blew his whistle on what was the obvious no try.

A lot of local players in that reserves group who really stood up towards the end there, and I wouldn’t hold it against Fines if he wanted to head back west because he’s head and shoulders above any other halfback out there.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
A couple more observations on Brumbies performances in the game.

Valetini continues his MOTM level performances; getting over FF (Folau Fainga'a), runs straight at defenders and doesn't win the contest, some poor tackling issues, not consistent with his throws; Tom Wright is an RPG - the way a few of the Reds fairly ordinary players are described as 'guns', Tom has to be awarded an RPG tag for his performances.

Luke Reimer looks good. Scott Sio still having problems in the scrums (at least in referees' eyes) but his play in general has improved lately. Nick Frost continues to impress. Noah is solid and even behind a losing pack is a level above Will Harrison and Donaldson imo. Still No 2 behind JOC (James O'Connor).

Reactions: mst